Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Hulk Hogan has lost his mind

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Gorilla called everybody a youngster. He probably called Lou Thesz a youngster at some point.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
" Hulk Hogan discussed trying to get Vince McMahon to sign Sting after WrestleMania III during an interview with Fighting Spirit Magazine. “I have unbelievable respect for Sting – he doesn’t realize how good he really is,” Hogan told FSM. “Sting should have already had his New York (WWE) run. I’ll tell you something; when I got red-hot after WrestleMania III, I was begging Vince to get Sting in the WWF so I could turn heel at some point. He had the blonde hair, he was 10 times more athletic than me, and I believed this guy could have the same run as Hulkamania, but take it 10 times bigger. I was telling Vince (McMahon), ‘Let me get this guy over’, because after beating Andre, if they’d brought Sting in and had him beat me, it would have made him this tall (gestures with his hand above his head). But Sting wouldn’t come; we tried and tried, but he just would not jump. Vince even talked to him last year, but still Sting wouldn’t go.”

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
But Hogan said at TNA Hall of Fame he stopped Vince back then. Oh, Hulk. Never change.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Excerpt from an interview Hulk Hogan did with Fighting Spirit Magazine…

“I’ve heard all these urban legends about Randy doing something to piss Vince off,” said Hogan. “I’ve heard two or three different stories, and I don’t know if any of those are true, but he deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, and I would love to be the one that inducts him. I’ve got a speech for him ready to go. I just think it’s a must that he’s in the Hall of Fame; he was so influential in this business, especially in the WWF, and in my career.

“You know, he’s the only guy we could pass the belt to, and we wouldn’t lose money. You gave the belt to The Ultimate Warrior – I don’t want to drop a bunch of names – and right away the revenue went down. Give the belt to ‘Macho Man’, and things would stay the same, or get better.”

“For me, it would be cool to induct him. We had a rift for about 10 years, and then right before he passed away, I was getting an EKG, when I hear (mimicking Randy’s voice) ‘Yeah, what’s up, brother?’ And I looked over, and he was there, looking great. I said, ‘Hey Mach, how you doing?’ I shook his hand, and introduced him to my wife, Jennifer. He’s like, ‘Hello lovely lady, how ya doing?’ Jennifer said to him, ‘Oh, Mr. Macho, I’ve heard so much about you. You know, we’ve got three or four lawyers at the house today, so we’re gonna cook up. We’d love to have you over.’ But he just went, ‘I don’t dig lawyers, baby, maybe we could start out with a phone call?’

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
In an interview with Fighting Spirit Magazine, Hulk Hogan said that he wanted to face the Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania VI in 1990 as a heel.

He said: "Vince and I were best friends, but when we talked about money, we were enemies. So I went [to WCW] with the red and yellow, beat Ric Flair, and Hulkamania took off again. Then, creatively, I turned into a bad guy, which I always wanted to do in the WWF, but nobody wanted me to. I always said, 'I could be the best bad guy ever. Just let me do it', but no-one wanted me to be a bad guy. At Warrior's time, I really wanted to fuck him as a bad guy; I wanted to beat The Ultimate Warrior in Toronto, but as a heel. I just thought it would be intense, and I would be the best bad guy ever. I could have done it, and then said, 'Forget the prayers and the vitamins, I did it for the money!' But it's just creative differences, and Vince knows what he's doing, believe me. I just wanted to try something different in the WWF."

When he turned heel to form the nWo with Scott Hall and Kevin Nash at Bash at the Beach on July 7, 1996, he was very hesitant. Eric Bischoff wrote in his 2006 autobiography Controversy Creates Cash that Hogan was dimissive towards the idea, but then after Nash and Hall became a force on WCW programming, he suggested to Bischoff that he be the third man. He hadn't spoke to Bischoff in months at that point. Until the PPV happened, Bischoff said he wasn't sure if Hogan would follow through, and had Sting agree to the idea just in case Hogan changed his mind.

Hogan's on a roll right now.

Ed Wood Caulfield

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He's been saying he wanted to turn heel in the WWF since his autobiography in 2002, so that's one of his long runners. Never gave a specific date until now, though.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
tekcop said:
At Warrior's time, I really wanted to fuck him as a bad guy

warrior-blowing-off-hogan-o.gif

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
d u b q said:
Excerpt from an interview Hulk Hogan did with Fighting Spirit Magazine…

“I’ve heard all these urban legends about Randy doing something to piss Vince off,” said Hogan. “I’ve heard two or three different stories, and I don’t know if any of those are true, but he deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, and I would love to be the one that inducts him. I’ve got a speech for him ready to go. I just think it’s a must that he’s in the Hall of Fame; he was so influential in this business, especially in the WWF, and in my career.

“You know, he’s the only guy we could pass the belt to, and we wouldn’t lose money. You gave the belt to The Ultimate Warrior – I don’t want to drop a bunch of names – and right away the revenue went down. Give the belt to ‘Macho Man’, and things would stay the same, or get better.”

“For me, it would be cool to induct him. We had a rift for about 10 years, and then right before he passed away, I was getting an EKG, when I hear (mimicking Randy’s voice) ‘Yeah, what’s up, brother?’ And I looked over, and he was there, looking great. I said, ‘Hey Mach, how you doing?’ I shook his hand, and introduced him to my wife, Jennifer. He’s like, ‘Hello lovely lady, how ya doing?’ Jennifer said to him, ‘Oh, Mr. Macho, I’ve heard so much about you. You know, we’ve got three or four lawyers at the house today, so we’re gonna cook up. We’d love to have you over.’ But he just went, ‘I don’t dig lawyers, baby, maybe we could start out with a phone call?’

That story is actually true. It was confirmed by Savage's mom (that's who Savage was at the doctor with).

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
I had to watch the movie because the first few minutes made me laugh so hard.

Mr. Nanny is one of the best bad comedies of all time, lots of laughs in this one. This podcast captured it p. well, even in saying that Hulk should have broken more stuff (I would have liked to see a few big bumps myself).

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/2015/05/hulk-hogan-says-he-almost-did-ufc-has-his-claim-immediately-shot-down-by-ufc-co-founder/
BS'ing Hogan's been on fire during his current publicity tour for WWE in Australia. First, he claimed that not only would he be wrestling at WrestleMania 32 but it'd be a World Title Match. Then he said he was offered (and turned down) a chance to fight in UFC in the early days. ::)

Smartly Pretty

PujolJunkie
Reaction score
Did y'all listen to his interview with Bill Simmons a few months back? "BS Report" was an oddly fitting name for that podcast. Hogan claimed:

a)that he tore both of his biceps slamming Andre, b)he was the first person ever to pin Andre, c)this was the first time anyone had body slammed Andre (he had done it once before himself!) and d)that he was unaware who was going to win on the day of Wrestlemania III.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Now that this thread is bumped, this may be the right thread to post in.

Not sure if Brutus and Hulk had a falling out but some guy on Twitter claimed that The Booty Man sold him a signed Hulk photo recently and Hulk said he never gave Brutus any merchandise to sell or permission to sell anything and apologized to people Ed Leslie is tricking.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Nicely done.

Now that I think about it, it might've been kind of cool to see X-Pac bump around like a pinball for Hogan's punches back in the day. It probably would have been a slightly less (or more?) goofy version of Hogan/HBK.

Also CAN YOU IMAGINE HOGAN TAKING A BRONCO BUSTER!?