Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Kamala's Random WCW Bullshit thread

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I really don't like Larry. His commentary is nails on a chalkboard, and as a worker I just can't get into him at all. I think a lot of that has to do with knowing him for his commentary first.

But Dusty would've worked so much better. All he'd need is one promo to make it work. Only other person who could've done it is Jesse.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Yeah. Bischoff's AWA bias did him in cause Dusty would've been way better and made way more sense in the role of the heart & soul of WCW than Larry Z.

And Larry Z would have made way more sense and done way better in the role of legend sleazily trying to take the last seat on the nWo gravy train than Dusty!

There's very few wrestling characters that legitimately annoy me than post 1995 Larry Zbyszko but I guess I just don't know how to play the human game of chess.
I'm willing to bet Dusty preferred the nWo as it fits his late JCP career of latching on to hot acts to keep himself on top (Sting, Roadies, RnR E a lil bit, Nikita post turn, etc)

I'm pretty sure I've seen at least promos where Dusty did the RnR headband gimmick on his arms in unity for upcoming 6 mans.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I don't think I've ever seen any of these nor knew they existed.

I find that odd since I've seen everything from the early AWA VHS releases, JCP's pre PPV tapes, the Kit Carson(?) Memphis VHS stuff, VHS of Wrestling Gold etc etc and of course a million copies of the late 1999 releases of WCW's personality profile series while at flea markets and toy shows across the Midwest.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Inspired by Tek's post in the other thread... It is surprising that Loch Ness didn't lay down for Hogan after being brought in for basically that reason. Hogan was beating the top heels week after week on Nitro anyway and Loch Ness only worked one final UK match after his Uncensored match with the Giant and retired.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score

I don't think I've ever seen any of these nor knew they existed.

I find that odd since I've seen everything from the early AWA VHS releases, JCP's pre PPV tapes, the Kit Carson(?) Memphis VHS stuff, VHS of Wrestling Gold etc etc and of course a million copies of the late 1999 releases of WCW's personality profile series while at flea markets and toy shows across the Midwest.
I had Deadly Venom. I bought it from Media Play in Middletown, NY at the end of '95. It must have been very cheap or else my mom wouldn't have gotten it for me. IIRC it included highlights from his matches with Koloff at Bash '91, Battlebowl, Luger at Superbrawl, Wargames '92, Cactus at Beach Blast, Vader at Bash '92, the coal miners' glove with Jake, and the Vader matches from Starrcade and Superbrawl. The box said it was 30 minutes long but it was actually 45, a nice surprise! I wanted Ravishing Rick Rude: Raw but I thought the title made it sound gay.

EDIT: It didn't have Battlebowl but rather the Rude match from the Clash in November '91.

Here's a link to it but IDK about this website. Don't want anyone to get a virus or anything but YOLO.

EDIT 2: Apparently SAPO is a legit media company and ISP. I apologize to the Portugese people for my cultural ignorance.

Last edited:

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Honestly, if Wahoo would have done that to a job guy, Flair would find it hilarious.

--
Is there ANY connection to the Barrio Bros to Rhode Island?
I mean Ricky did jobs from 1987 on and off for WCW but they weren't exactly running the area consistently.
On top of the fact that no one should really care regardless no matter where they ran.

--
The AWA pod is part of or organizing a AWA Reunion. They tried to get us excited that Chris Curtis or some shit will be there.
He's not even in the top 10 AWA job guys of the 80s.
Maybe they can get Buck to do a zoom call from prison.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Is there ANY connection to the Barrio Bros to Rhode Island?
Puerto Rico is an island, Rhode Island for some reason pretends it's an island?

It's a wrestling convention, they bring all sorts of weird, obscure guests. The headliner so far is bringing New Generation era ring announcer Bill Dunn back for his first convention appearance!

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Chris Curtis recently published a book about his time in wrestling. Spanned a few decades and he provided some newish information about heyday AWA when they were doing multiple tv tapings for various markets and supercards across several states. He later worked as a jobber for Hulkamania era WWF, primarily in the upper midwest, and appears to have lived a fairly decent life. Doesn't seem to be a rapist or other McMahony type, though.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yesterday was 22nd anniversary of Fall Brawl '00, the least terrible '00 WCW PPV. Featuring one of Goldberg's best matches, the first time Jeff Jarrett brawled with an NFL team, and a very ill advised in ring appearance from Paul Orndorff (@BruiserBrody groan).

It's also the last WCW PPV written by Vince Russo and last WCW PPV released on VHS. Just minor history all over this event!

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
Puerto Rico is an island, Rhode Island for some reason pretends it's an island?

It's a wrestling convention, they bring all sorts of weird, obscure guests. The headliner so far is bringing New Generation era ring announcer Bill Dunn back for his first convention appearance!
Rhode Island IS an island. The colony originally was “Rhode Island and Providence Plantations.” The town of Newport is located on an actual island, that was the original “Rhode Island.“ Don’t know how many faux Cubans live there.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Figures a Pennsylvanian would teach a New Englander about NE geography. Damn Maine public school system.

Fidel Sierra is actually Cuban-American. Idk how many Cubans are in Newport, RI but I can't imagine the number gets out of the single digits.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
The year between summer of '95 and '96 is some of the most stupid fun wrestling can be. The good is great and the bad is hilarious.