Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Kamala's Random WCW Bullshit thread

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm pissed we never got Vader Vs Tenta. I wish I had a time machine so I could tell Vader to settle his tea kettle and do his damn pre tapes on time and not get humiliated by a mostly nude Paul Orndorff. We would have gotten so many more great hoss fights in WCW from '96 to '98 if Vader never left.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah I was going to say Dusty probably saw Shocky as the monster babyface to go against Vader. I'm sure that was the plan.

I don't know when they decided that Sid would be champion. He loses to Sting at Havoc that was supposed to be the start of his face turn. But who knows where they were with Disney tapings at that point

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
I'm pissed we never got Vader Vs Tenta. I wish I had a time machine so I could tell Vader to settle his tea kettle and do his damn pre tapes on time and not get humiliated by a mostly nude Paul Orndorff. We would have gotten so many more great hoss fights in WCW from '96 to '98 if Vader never left.
Ever since Vader/Giant had their brief confrontation in the Dungeon of Doom set at COTC, I've wanted to see that one too.

Likely Vader doing a series of Nitro jobs to Giant to set Hogan up as the conquering hero.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah DDP's relationship with Bischoff is never really brought up when talking about his success but Dallas was a super hardworking, gracious worker regardless. I think he would have made it to the of the mountain eventually.
Where though? I don't see WWF taking a flyer on a middle aged rookie with injury issues. I could maybe see him being an ECW guy. I doubt he'd strike Jim Cornette as the type of guy to push in SMW, Memphis is basically dead by the time that DDP becomes a decent worker.

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
He still would have gotten to the top of WCW. Him sticking around through the mid-90s was more of a Dusty call then a Bischoff one. He started getting crazy over such the Diamond Cutter before the Savage feud made him a made man. I say if the Savage feud tanked them his chances of making it are drastically low. DPP basically credited Randy for his entire career.

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
His relationship with Bisch was the only real negative held against him when I started hitting forums in 2000ish. Some chirps about him planning matches out in detail, of course, but mostly "he's a great talent but he wouldn't have gotten the push if he wasn't pals with Bischoff and Nash."

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Brody work thoughts:
1> Since Ricky Morton quit the NWA in Jan 88 over Dusty wanting him to lose his mullet in an angle with the Sheepherders, I wonder if Dusty put him in the York Foundation in 1991 as a roundabout way of trying to get him to cut off his mullet to fit the new gimmick. (As it is often cited that Morton didn't go all in as "Richard".) He was willing to grow a heel beard for Memphis for goodness sake! (IIRC)
--
2> If Terry Taylor waits another 6 months in the summer of 88 and signs on with WCW instead of the WWF, there's a solid chance we only remember Taylor as the guy who had great matches with Muta, Flair, maybe Funk, maybe heel Luger....and with his credibility not demolished, he could have bangers with Arn/Sting/Pillman etc into 1991. In 91/92 Steamboat and Windham are there to work upper card programs with.
This was inspired by Greetings From Allentown covering the Red Rooster's debut over the last 2 episodes.
Akeem debuted a few weeks before this, so Vince was on the really good drugs while producing No Holds Barred on the side.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
nWo Heenan would have been so much fun. Him just simping for the Outsiders like he did for Flair in '92 would've been fantastic. I get Heenan's point about not wanting to ever side with Hogan from a character point of view but I really think that thought process shaved at least three years and some real motivation off his career.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
It really should've been. Snoochie Boochies.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

With the booking week to week being chaos, I can't imagine what a cartoon would be like.
Given production time, the No Limit Soldiers and West Texas Rednecks would show up about the time the Maestro was playing piano on Nitro.
Time traveling Goldberg fighting Nazis has potential.
Will Nash's hair translate to cartoon beauty?

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Bolin, who never did anything of note until what the late 90s OVW(?) says he wanted to replace Corny after Jim blew his knee out at Starrcade 86. He speculates Corny didn't go for it as he may have feared Kenny being better at getting heat.
For one, Corny was one of 3-5 managers at various points as it was. So being one upped as a heel was already a possibility.
I rolled my eyes so hard I'm now blind.

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
Bolin was perfectly fine for a regional territory but I don't see how he could ever work nationally.

And I say that as someone who liked his OVW work.

LaParkaYourCar

I'm BACK!
Reaction score
I found out the other day about Madden vanity searching his name. I was watching a Nitro in preparation for my review. So I tweeted that I thought Madden was doing okay on the episode I watched. But then I ended the tweet by saying I know he gets worse. He's not following me and I'm not following him, but he found my tweet and responded. He said the product got worse, not him.

I swear Madden sits around on Twitter every day and makes sure people aren't talking shit about him.