Kamala's Random WCW Bullshit thread

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
At 3 hours 39 mins into today's Between the Sheets pod, they read a WON report that Crockett was going to close down the failing Central States developmental area and open a new one to run Memphis and the Fullers big towns.
Bill Dundee was pegged to book. Hot roster was Mitch Snow, MOD Squad, Italian Stallion, Tejoe Khan and other jabronis.
They were going to try and sign Lance Russell away since he an Jarrett had a souring relationship.
Kris was excited by this idea, but even 1987 Memphis had a much better roster and was about to get red hot with Lawler vs Rich/Idol w/ Bigelow coming in for a bit before he jumps to Vince.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

--
Given the girth of this thread, is it time for a reboot? Maybe one for WCW 89-01 and the other for JCP/MACW?
--

Still wrapping my head around the Memphis developmental promotion idea. They can't make St Louis work with the WWF only showing up once a week, and Florida is on it's ass....but somehow Bill Dundee and a plethora of green guys is going to make Jarrett and the Fullers quake?
Maybe if they transferred Jimmy Valiant down there as he was beginning to fade as a JCP star? Tommy Rich never worked for JCP while Dusty was around (maybe a few random shots in 84 when they were bringing in the Roadies, Freebirds, JYD, etc for guest shots?) so maybe JCP can offer Rich enough to work for their promotion?? Eddie Gilbert was always a wild card.

UWF was about to sink 5 months later and JCP couldn't make that work either, so what hope did this idea have?
Plus JCP had Florida (or would soon buy it out) and could only do business there when the JCP A team worked on top.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I mean I guess if we have yearly New Generation threads then we should have at least three maybe four maybe more WCW threads.

JCP
Jim Herd/Kip Frye/Bill Watts eras
Early Bischoff era
Monday Night Wars (maybe could even split into separate threads for the 83 Weeks WCW one and the downfall)

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
No, just leave it. Splitting it up would severely hurt discussion/interest overall. Maybe if you had a separate Crockett thread, but that's as far as I'd go.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It’s the Baby Baby Bull tweeting in memoriam for his dear old dad. Paul Orndorff’s son does the same thing. Although I am not sure the actual Mr. Wonderful ever tweeted while he was alive.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Sherri's always been my favorite part. She knew what was up.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I spend a solid quarter to a third of my posts complaining about these dinlos podcasts but damn it…I am going to listen to this.
The Arezzi Andre tribute last week was pretty good too tbh.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Doom is one of the most underrated teams. Even their jobber squashes on tv during that run were fun. Wish the feud with the Horsemen could've had a real blowoff. And definitely should've dropped the belts to something better than the boring ass Freebirds.