Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Kamala's Random WCW Bullshit thread

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Am I tempted to watch Jim Neidhart WCW matches to see if he was capable of even being a weak link in a tag team match? Yes.

Is it ludicrous for me to think the answer is anything other than “no”? Yes.

Searching Jim Neidhart WCW to allow me to find this klassic klip of independent wrestling from days of yore.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Anvil was awful however he was tagging with Bulldog at his worst as well. I'd like to think a hypothetical brief return with Bret would motivate them both, though.

Still think a Hart Foundation vs Horsemen feud over Benoit's soul would've been good stuff.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Maybe the promise of some big days would break Anvil out of his booze and cocaine induced stupor but it’s not like Anvil did anything memorable in his ‘97 WWF instead of being a reasonably cool looking heater and having DX humiliate him.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
According to WON, WCW Greed was originally penciled in to be at the SkyDome in Toronto but they wisely crossed it out 3-4 months before when they realized how bad of an idea it was (before they even knew they'd be going out of business and that'd be their last PPV).

I can't imagine why '00 WCW would even entertain the idea unless WWF put a lock on the Air Canada Center after WCW ran it a few times. WCW couldn't even sell out ACC for Mayhem!

DDP and Scott Steiner fighting in a mostly SkyDome would have been a pretty fitting end for WCW on PPV though.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Last NEW ENGLAND NITRO, @Laz

I might be misremembering but IIRC, the Nitro that got canceled for a clip show cause WCW wanted to regroup before Bischoff and Russo returned was supposed to be at the Centrum.

March 2001 is obviously number one but March 2000 is a strong contender for 2nd worst month in WCW history. You know how bad things have to get where getting the two guys who helped drive you into the horrible predicament is better than the guy you have running things?

(Sorry to badmouth a NEW ENGLAND MAN like Taskmaster but boy was his run here doomed from the start.)

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

So Bulldog gets a after thought spot @ WW3, likely doesn't get a Starrcade spot since it is the New Japan World cup year unless they toss Badd off the card as the other guys were either cruisers or main eventers. Badd is in the middle of a title feud with DDP, so that seems unlikely.
So Bulldog's treading water heading into 1996. There's a ton of guys he can have good matches with, but the Mega Powers/Sting/Luger vs Horsemen/DOD is taking up all the main event energy.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Bulldog would get put into the Sting/Luger angle, trying to play one side or the other. If he's a face, he probably winds up getting some matches with Luger and filling in for Luger in tag matches. WW3, he tosses one of them and at Starrcade, he interferes somehow, intentionally or not and it sets the track for at least the following month. He could probably take Renegade's slot as fourth face, giving him someone like Pillman or Benoit for a little bit and then maybe Jarrett. He'd get some TV title spots with Regal, for sure, and with Finlay. Would be lost in the shuffle when the nWo kicks off.

If he goes heel, he's a Dungeon member and probably spends time with Sting or Booty Man while being the devil on Luger's shoulder before moving on to a Horseman, again maybe Jarrett and eventually Mongo. Probably ends up with the TV or US belt by summer and turns face around the Bash. Stays in the midcard, gets spraypainted a few times, and then just becomes another guy.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score