Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Kamala's Random WCW Bullshit thread

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tank's stuff with 3 Count was great in 2000. It worked too because he bought into looking silly while being a 3 Count fanboy, but still kicking ass.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hot take: I don’t think it would have been that bad of an idea to let Tank win the World Title at Souled Out ‘00. Not that it would've been GOOD but it wasn't the "CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS IDIOT RUSSO!?" levels stupid that the early '00s IWC thought it was.

Last edited:

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Train could've been a solid midcard face in another time. Like WWF JYD level. He had charisma.

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
He had very clearly improved by the time he became MI Smooth. It just sucks that WCW went out of business like a month after he re-debuted.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Now ‘93 WCW was mostly complete doodoo creatively and commercially but I think an argument could be made that the seeds were planted for WCW becoming #1 on this day. It felt like Flair coming home was a moment where they said “OK. Now we can start over again.”

Very very few promotions get that opportunity. Although Impact certainly has tried a bunch of times lol.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Daffney is a treasure and I really miss her. First death since Benoit to really, truly fuck with me on a personal level.

Flair's return was very nice. It just always seems kind of undercut by his not being able to work right away. It also feels weird hearing Jesse call Flair matches, for some reason.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
IIRC, that was a fundraiser that WCW just co-promoted with a local indie so they were probably scrubs that couldn’t even make the cut on WCW’s overstuffed ‘98 roster.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
TIL WCW had Terry Funk win the US title during a house show in Texas in 2000. Lance Storm won in back a few days later. I don't think this was ever mentioned on-air.
In Beyond the Mat, the infamous scenes with Dennis Stamp are revolving around "Terry Funk's WrestleFest" which was supposed to be his final match in his Dad's old Territory base. FFWD 3 years and WCW ran a house show in Amarillo....Funk wins the US title. Just the Funker being the Funker.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Pardon my laziness but did Bret seriously not wrestle on Nitro for his first three months? Does that include Thunder too?

Valeyard

Reaction score
All they needed was a five minute Bret destruction of Bobby Eaton or Brad Armstrong that would be decisive but still really good, then do whatever nWo run in bullshit thing after. Best of both worlds at the time.

Bret probably picked Adams based on loyalty or something.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Brian Adams was also one of the only guys who left out of protest after the Screwjob but it was also kind of one of those “you can’t fire me! I quit!” Situations since it’s not like he had much more left in the tank by Fall of ‘97. With all due respect to the four Kronik fans.