Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Kamala's Random WCW Bullshit thread

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
We desered Mike Sanders as NWA champion.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

Valeyard

Reaction score
Stevie Richards and the Cat feel like they could potentially be made for each other.

There's probably a timeline where the Cat has Truth's career, too.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Stevie Richards and the Cat feel like they could potentially be made for each other.

There's probably a timeline where the Cat has Truth's career, too.
You ain’t wrong. There’s only a 8 year age difference between them.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Difference is Truth actually worked to become a pretty solid wrestler and a great promo. Ernest Miller just seemed like he was messing around between karate school gigs.

I think Truth has been great comedy worker for so long, that we forget what a great promo he could be. Maybe Ernest Miller was capable of the same thing but he just didn't seem to want it, ya know?

Valeyard

Reaction score
Truth had a wildly superior people to hang with on a regular basis and character changes that necessitated growth. Cat was never booked to be a good worker or to hang with good workers, nor was he ever booked to be taken seriously even when he was supposed to be more of a badass. The Cat could've cut similar promos to Truth's early TNA stuff if he had the change, too. Not as good, but similar.

I still want the George Foreman movie goddammit.

Valeyard

Reaction score
WCW should've brought Shonie Carter in to tag with him.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Last episode on John Arezzi podcast claims that When World Collide drew a better buyrate than Fall Brawl ‘94.

That seems like BS cause if that was the case, Bischoff would have worked with them again even if they were just outdrawing a Hogan-less PPV.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
Meltzer said at the time that WCW was claiming Fall Brawl did a .6 or .7 buyrate but his sources were saying closer to .5, but he didn't give actual buy numbers. He quoted Multichannel news as saying When Worlds Collide did a .3 but he his other sources were saying .25 or 55,000 buys. He also noted that When Worlds Collide did double the buys of Halloween Havoc '94 in LA, more buys than Havoc in Chicago and half of Havoc's buys in Canada but did far worse in the Southeast.

EDIT: In his '94 Record Book he has Fall Brawl at .53 and WWC at .24.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I'm going to say When World's Collide didn't necessarily outdraw it but more people ended up seeing it.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, Meltzer on the episode said it drew better paid attendance than Hogan Vs Flair at Halloween Havoc two weeks earlier.

WCW and AAA fumbled the bag in not realizing lucha libre’s potential in the US in the late ‘90s. Now AEW and AAA are fumbling the bag in not realizing lucha libre’s potential in the US in the 2020s! Circle of life, folks.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I thought they ran it for untelevised shows here and there afterwards. I really wish the concept worked in real life, because it's perfect video game/action figure wrasslin.

Gary Hart and Heyman in the space makes me happy, though.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
I had no idea they attempted a Bunkhouse Stampede after the PPV disaster.

The managers Bunkhouse is a Brody dream match.

Also I always had assumed Dusty was fired right after Starrcade ‘88 but I guess they kept him around for a little bit after.
Dusty worked into Jan and was setting up matches with Road Warriors and Windham on promos before he was fired/ quit once and for all.

I actually wrote the rough draft of a Dusty booked 1989 for CXF, I don't recall if I ever shared it on here.

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
IIRC the original idea was to do the bunkhouse finals at the Chi-Town Rumble PPV in February before Dusty quit/was fired.

EDIT: A quick look at thehistoryofwwe.com shows Dusty worked Greensboro the next night and that was it

Valeyard

Reaction score
If he was a heel and high off his ass, BIZARRE and slurrin' and swearin', he's probably one of the best worst commentators ever.

And Bruno was fine! Just, you know, dry and crusty by 80s standards.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Every name was better than Big Show. Don't care.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
Alternate potential names:
Big Ol' Dad
Jack's Beanstalk
Bunyan
MISTER WIGHT! (Later renamed "MISTA WIGHT!" for trademark purposes)
The 7 Foot Shaft