Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Kamala's Random WCW Bullshit thread

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Was singles Hogan/Bigelow in 1999 or so worth looking at? I'm sorta curious because I can see it being better than it ever could be.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Disagree. Being a bright spot in that era speaks to how good he could be, and I don't even like DDP. Elevated Kanyon and made Bigelow feel like he was relevant while having solid to good matches regularly. That's not a bad thing, it's a good thing.

Valeyard

Reaction score
It makes me so sad seeing that Goldberg and Bigelow click enough to know they had a great brawl in them but never were allowed to have. Goldberg Hunter Bam Bam would've resurrected Bigelow's career on the big stage.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Jersey Triad was a bright spot in WCW, sure, but it's still one of the worst runs of DDP's career.
Stable/tag team was good but heel DDP is terrible. Like a Johnny Valiant that you’re supposed to take seriously. He seemed like the rich guy who was annoying as hell but his friends hung out with him cause he always picked up the tab.

Even hotter take, I feel like DDP is one of the only guys in WCW that adapted somewhat well to Russo’s Crash TV style.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
‘97 was only time I would say he seemed kind of cool. After a while, he definitely ventured to so uncool that he became kind of cool (like Billy Joel or Neil Diamond) again but that wasn’t until he was retired really.

Valeyard

Reaction score
He never gave off cool. I mean, maybe cool in the way an acquaintance's dad on a third grade field trip can be cool but compared to practically everyone in 1997 he was just not close. He was a good guy who busted his ass and deserved my respect but he looked like he could be Nash's uncle and had recently killed a mentally challenged man's pet rabbit and lost all his stolen money to a man obsessed with their own boney ass.

Valeyard

Reaction score
He'd be just as gross if he were from a good state.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Every male in this clip that isn’t employed by WCW or Kevin Eubanks looks like someone who regularly pays for sex.

Love Sting kind of rocking the surfer Sting look in ‘99. Also how tanked is Big Kev?

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
I never even heard of this before today. Considering it was 1991 WCW, I assume it stunk.
I own a different WCW board game from the same era. Box was destroyed 30 years ago, but I still have the cards with the 12 guys WCW deemed marketable and threw on all of their merch from Galoob.

Mine has a cardboard ring and I have zero recall on how the game worked other than each card had random moves on the back so you had to "hit" your opponent with enough of the moves in a row to move around the ring board and then hope to get a card that had a "pin" on it.

Seeing as how my brothers had moved out by the time I was that age, I spent most of the time using the cards to fantasy book cards by laying them out on the table/carpet.

Edit:

Cripes there was a third game from that era

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Nash was separated from his wife for a year or two in the late ‘90s. Chae says it in the clip. It’s not some huge scandal, Brod, you oaf!
I want him to go off on her dragging up old dirt. This is the drama I live for.
Fuck it, give me a Corny clip shitting on the situation.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score