Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

News That Doesn't Warrant a Thread 2024

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Meanwhile, in August 2020, just weeks after his election, Stokes and his council members Gary Broussard, Jesse Donald Leverett, Voncille Brown Thomas and Willie Richard Tucker allegedly "met in secret to adopt a 'special' election ordinance." Notice of the meeting was not published, and the group set a special election for Oct. 6, 2020.
No notice of that election was ever published, according to the lawsuit. Because the election was not publicized, only Stokes and his council members qualified. They then "effectively reappointed themselves" to their positions, Braxton alleged, and "unlawfully assumed their new terms" and were sworn in in November, even as Braxton assembled his own town council.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Stunned to learn he was younger than I am now during his cup of coffee in the spotlight. Being a dipshit ages you horrible.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
One of my high school classmates and two of his buddies got nailed with terrorism charges (plead them down in court) for going into a bingo game with water guns and spraying people with water.

They are too quick to tack on "terrorism" making it lose meaning for real terror things.

Crashing your car into a police station is criminal damage and reckless operation, at best. Maybe tack on a charge for sunglasses indoors. I don't know.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
5) the term "domestic terrorism" means activities that—

(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;

(B) appear to be intended—

(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;

(ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or

(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping;

Crashing a car into a police station clearly is covered by the statute. This guy also crashed into the garage door of someones home earlier in the day. Its lucky he didnt kill anyone.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

For those that didn’t read: because she had a lease…even if temporarily to a home that he was never legally allowed to rent and then this dumb ass extended the lease out of Airbnb’s move out date voiding his agreement with them. When trying to evict he was forced to do an inspection which the home failed which means he can’t evict until all problems are repaired and it is up to code.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Just something I happened upon and enjoyed reading. It helps put the culture war in perspective, regardless of your side.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
that wouldn't have drawn a single vote away from Trump and if they could have even gotten on the ballots it would have just fucked Biden over and ruined Oprah's reputation when Trump won and went on to do all his insane shit. It was a terrible idea and Romney was right to dismiss it out of hand.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It was definitely a terrible idea (and it doesn’t sound like these were anything more than informal discussions) but I think you are underestimating how popular it would have been. Especially if it was Oprah leading the ticket.

Have you forgotten that there is a pretty good chance that Obama doesn’t get the Democratic nomination in ‘08 if it wasn’t for Oprah endorsing him? Granted that was back when her talk show was still on the air but I still think she has a lot of credibility with the coveted suburban women and BIPOC women demographics.

Then again, maybe she would have been as bad at running for office as her protege Dr. Oz. All thing told, we should be very glad this Winfrey/Romney dream ticket was nothing more than a pipe dream.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That popularity would not have made the slightest dent on Trump voters. All of her support would have come from the people who ended up voting for Biden. Trump would have won in a landslide.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, I feel like there’s a chance it’s Trump, Oprah, Biden, in this scenario. Biden would be a total afterthought in that three way debate.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score