Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NFL Offseason 2024: We’re Onto the Pat McAfee Show.

Staff member
Reaction score
Raiders signed Minshew and holy shit I was not expecting that. I was figuring they’d get no traction in the trade market and make a trade on draft day to draft a prospect I don’t like.

I would say I like this but this was my plan C. A was Cousins, B was trade for a good pick to get a good prospect and this was plan C. I guess it’s fitting that Mike Leach’s last pirate joins the pirate ship.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Broncos looking at Darnold or Zach Wilson which, lol, but I'm convinced that they may trade picks to move up in the draft and get a QB.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Buccaneers traded CB Carlton Davis to Detroit

Miami signed LB Anthony Walker to a 1 year deal

Arizona signed LB Mack Wilson to a 3 year deal worth $12.75 Million and DT Justin Jones to a 3 year deal worth $30.1 Million

Washington signed LB Frankie Luvu to a 3 year deal worth $36 Million

LA Chargers landed TE Will Dissly for 3 years at $14 Million

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Before the Bengals officially released Joe Mixon, a trade was worked out to send him to Houston.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Also congratulations to Mike Gesicki. He gets away from the pain of Mac Jones and can catch balls now from Joe Burrow and then later in the season, Jake Browning.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
King Henry goes to Baltimore as everyone with a brain expected.

Patrick Queen however departs Baltimore and goes to Pittsburgh.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Giants signed CB/S Jalen Mills to a 1 year deal.

Carolina signed LB Josey Jewell to 3 years at $22.75 Million. They also signed DT A'Shawn Robinson for 3 years

Washington signed S Jeremy Chinn to a 1 year deal worth $5.1 Million. They also signed DE Dante Fowler

San Francisco signed DT Jordan Elliott to 2 years at $10 Million

Chicago signed TE Gerald Everett to 2 years at $12 Million

Giants signed QB Drew Lock to a 1 year deal

Detroit signed CB Amik Robertson to 2 years for $9.25 Million

Kansas City signed TE Irv Smith to a 1 year deal

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports the Panthers are sending CB Donte Jackson and a sixth-round pick to the Steelers in exchange for WR Diontae Johnson and a seventh-round pick.

Saints agreed to terms with LB Willie Gay, formerly of the Chiefs, on a one-year, $3 million contract.

Texans agreed to terms with EDGE Danielle Hunter, formerly of the Vikings, on a two-year, $49 million deal.

Dolphins agreed to terms with S Jordan Poyer, formerly of the Bills, on a one-year contract.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
HQ, Boston sports media and Patriots subreddit seems to think the Brissett signing is a sign that they are DEFINITELY going to pick Daniels or Maye (whichever is available).

I’m not sure if I get it or am thinking of it upside down. To me, signing a high level backup/spot starter like Jacoby indicates to me that the Patriots don’t want to have to worry about wasting a #3 pick on a QB that they aren’t 100% confident on.

I’m definitely in the take MHJ or Joe Alt with the first round pick then draft Bo Nix or Michael Penix Jr with #34 camp. Except now it seems like Nix and Penix are going to go late in the first round now too (and friggin JJ McCarthy might be a Top 5 pick!?)

Lordy begordy. Nvm I have mentally cartwheeled back into agreeing with everyone who thinks we just take whatever the best QB available is.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
HQ, Boston sports media and Patriots subreddit seems to think the Brissett signing is a sign that they are DEFINITELY going to pick Daniels or Maye (whichever is available).

I’m not sure if I get it or am thinking of it upside down. To me, signing a high level backup/spot starter like Jacoby indicates to me that the Patriots don’t want to have to worry about wasting a #3 pick on a QB that they aren’t 100% confident on.

I’m definitely in the take MHJ or Joe Alt with the first round pick then draft Bo Nix or Michael Penix Jr with #34 camp. Except now it seems like Nix and Penix are going to go late in the first round now too (and friggin JJ McCarthy might be a Top 5 pick!?)

Lordy begordy. Nvm I have mentally cartwheeled back into agreeing with everyone who thinks we just take whatever the best QB available is.
He's a normal 'bridge' veteran QB... no big deal. People are morons and forget how things used to be in the 90s and 2000s. People think every QB taken in the 1st Round is an instant 17 game starter nowadays forgetting Patrick Mahomes, Daniel Jones, Kenny Pickett, etc.

I don't think it's an indictment of any rookie QB nor is it a 100% shoo-in that they'll take a QB at 3. If they can trade back to 7 or 8, I'd like that scenario best and just take a QB there while possibly accumulating some picks but that's the Belichick model.

NFL Drafts are always weird and wild. That's why mock drafts should largely be considered a joke and just a fun time waster. Nobody had Christian Barmore falling to 38th in 2021. I don't know how many people had the first 5 Picks being defense then 8-12 seeing 4 WRs go in 2022. Not many had Jahan Dotson being the 16th Pick overall. How many people had Jahmyr Gibbs going as high as 12th while CB Christian Gonzalez fell to the Pats at 17th or CB Joey Porter Jr falling to the 2nd Round in 2023? S Brian Branch was being touted as an easy 1st Rounder and he went 45th.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Washington signed LB Bobby Wagner to a 1 year deal

Titans signed WR Calvin Ridley to a 4 year deal worth $92 Million with $50 Million guaranteed. Huge news as everybody thought he'd return to the Jaguars or that the Patriots were in play.

Titans also signed QB Mason Rudolph to a 1 year deal.

Patriots signed DT Armon Watts. Had his best seasons in 2021 & 2022 (Minnesota, Chicago) including 46 Tackles & 5 Sacks in 2021 with Minnesota

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Aaron Rogers is a Sandy Hook liar. He used to be a good football player, especially for not even being a human.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
NFL Drafts are always weird and wild. That's why mock drafts should largely be considered a joke and just a fun time waster.
Idk how Jets, Commanders, and Bears fans do this every year. Hypothesizing and speculating about the draft for months is driving me crackers. It is much more fun relishing in the after glow of a great season lol.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Colts signed QB Joe Flacco to a 1 year deal for $8.7 Million

Cowboys signed LB Eric Kendricks to a 1 year deal after he spurned the 49ers

Arizona signed LT Jonah Williams to a 2 year deal for $30 Million

Patriots signed OG Nick Leverett, who started 10 games for Tampa Bay in 2022. Patriots continuing to just do a Belichick type model in FA signing a bunch of guys who could be viable starters but won't break the bank making them good "value" investments but not eye poppers for fans.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Aaron Rogers is a Sandy Hook liar. He used to be a good football player, especially for not even being a human.
NO HE ISNT. HE SENT A PREPARED TWEET DENYING THIS. HE PRAYS AND THINKS ABOUT THE VICTIMS.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Colts signed QB Joe Flacco to a 1 year deal for $8.7 Million
If I knew that’s how little he was going to ask for then I’d have wanted the Patriots to sign him but then again, there is a fairly solid chance that he morphs back into Jets Flacco so probably just as well we got Jacoby back.