Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Random Thoughts & Topics v2

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Does anyone here have NBA 2K15? Is it any good? A few of my friends picked it up and I was thinking of doing the same. Would be my first foray into basketball gaming since the original NBA Jam... O_O

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Harmonix has put out a survey asking about Rock Band and the possibility of a new game.

tumblr_mjbwqdvutK1rz2nelo1_250.gif

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Even though I can't get a new Rock Band game, I at least answered the survey as best as I could.

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Windows 10 will have some features from the Xbone. Game DVR, sharing, and social network shit through Xbox Live. Next Fable game will have cross-platform play, and you can get XBL achievements on PC again. And you'll be able to play Xbone games via local streaming on other Win10 devices, similar to Steam's In-Home Streaming, or PS4's Remote Play to Vita or PSTV.

I didn't catch everything, because the stream has been shit. But seems like a lot of the stuff ties into a Win10 Xbox app, so
indiffjerk.gif

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm on hold with the GameStop phone line, because that's the only "Contact Us" option. They can't even resist the urge to upsell on there. I got some shit for a Dying Light pre-order before being given menu options, urged to trade in my cell phone after pushing the button, and another something for Assassin's Creed Unity before being thrown into the queue, which has its own promo loop. The menu voice is a southern woman who talks kinda slowly too. So it's an all-around fun time.

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
I picked up a download code for Resident Evil HD yesterday using a Gamestop card that I was given for Christmas. The receipt is about 3 feet long with pretty much all the promos you just mentioned with what I actually bought being an afterthought all the way at the bottom.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
AnonymousBroccoli said:
I'm on hold with the GameStop phone line, because that's the only "Contact Us" option. They can't even resist the urge to upsell on there. I got some shit for a Dying Light pre-order before being given menu options, urged to trade in my cell phone after pushing the button, and another something for Assassin's Creed Unity before being thrown into the queue, which has its own promo loop. The menu voice is a southern woman who talks kinda slowly too. So it's an all-around fun time.

They were a pain in the butt to track down when I had a problem with an online order a couple years back but they more than made up for it when I did find someone. Hope it works out.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sony Online Entertainment sold and goes independent! Now known as Daybreak Game Company: https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/sony-online-entertainment-becomes-daybreak-game-company.236045/

This means you could be seeing MMO's like DCUO, Everquest & H1Z1 across all platforms in the near future!

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hotline Miami 2 will be out March 10 on Win/Mac/Linux PC, and seemingly all of PS4, PS3, and Vita too. $15 for regular edition; $20 for special, which includes a 6-song remix soundtrack.

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
B_lfH4TXEAAS7Nv.png:large

"Surprise from PAX East, you can now dance with two Borderlands characters in Dance Central Spotlight! Press X or Y five times on character select to dance with Claptrap or Nisha the Lawbringer!"

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Titanfall 2 will be on PS4. Seems like they might be considering making map packs free.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/03/12/titanfall-2-confirmed-coming-to-xbox-one-ps4-and-pc

One thing Zampella was keen to think about changing was the DLC model for the future, citing Evolve's commitment to keeping the community united via free maps for all as the ideal way forward.

"I think that's a fantastic way to do it," he said. "I think having the maps like that in packs, it does split the community and it makes it harder for matchmaking, it's messy. Yeah. I don't know we won't do it again, I can't say that for sure, but the idea would be to do something different."

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
:'( My Bravia TV might've died. Which sucks. I can't replace it.

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't think it's been officially announced, but there may be a new NFL-licenced football game—called Joe Montana Football—being developed by 2K and Microsoft. Using Unreal Engine 4, to be exclusive to Xbox One and Windows 10.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
So... basically like The Show? Except X only?

This should be interesting.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Apparently Cities: Skylines, a city builder like Sim City, produced by former 9 man, now 13 man, team Colossal Order and published by Paradox has reached half a million in sales. Honestly, glad for the small team and hopefully this will lead them to build other things. While I've heard it isn't the most perfect entry to city building out there, as a first time effort, it is supposedly a real good effort, easy to modify (already huge mod support, former Sim City graphic artists is modding for it) and they promise to make the experience only better with time.

Hell for $30 (well $35ish Canadian), if I had the money, I'd probably buy it and see what all the fuss was about.

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Future Shop has closed down. The website is directing people to order at BestBuy.ca. All retail stores are closed at least temporarily; some will be re-branded as Best Buy, if they're not near an existing BB location. Though it seems like that was a fairly common thing. In London, there's 2 locations of each, but both are pretty close. The ones in the north end are 5km apart; in the south, it's about 500m--maybe 600m if you're walking entrance to entrance. Both have been shut down.

http://futureshop.ca/

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
They just opened the one in town about 5 years ago, closed it for a bit to re-brand it as a futureshop.ca store and just switched it back to Future Shop a year or so later.

The closest Best Buy is about an hour away but it doesn't look like they're going to re-open this one.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
So I've done two things recently. I bought Cities: Skylines awhile back and enjoying the hell out of it. It isn't as hard as say, Sim City, but that's okay. For me it is about learning how to make a bigger and better city. The mod community has made some lovely things that you can play around with. And it also is very easy to end up flooding your city with the Hydro Dam. I've done it 3 times now. Also, straight roads suck. It is all about the curved roads, because making weird roads is so much more fun and interesting.

The other was that I was given a 10 day trial for WoW so tried that out again. I do see some changes. Some new classes to play: Monk and Death Knight, one I enjoyed and one I need to learn to play. Some new mini-games: like pet battles which I sunk quite a bit of time into. Some new races like Pandarians (I haven't played one yet) and Worgens (who I will never ever let be human). All of which I had fun with. Still a lot the same as I remember from when I played during Burning Crusade, but that familiarity was nice. I also played Horde and enjoyed it, which I never did back in the day. That probably helped as well. If the WoW Token is cheap on how much gold it costs, I might actually upgrade myself to Warlords of Draenor and start playing that again using the gold to fund my monthly subscription if possible.

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is coming soon to Wii U, New 3DS (but not old), and Xbox One.

A few years ago, there was a 3DS version in development, but Nintendo would not release it. As I understand it, it was due to the game's depiction and/or criticism of Biblical stories, or themes, or something like that.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/02/29/nintendo-turns-down-binding-of-isaac-on-3ds

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
So according to the singer (Donna Burke) of Metal Gear 5's main song, Kojima has indeed been fired. Konami turned around and has said that this is categorically incorrect. Meaning that likely Kojima was told "look, either you do what we want you to or you can quit. Your choice".

Just wow... How fucking stupid are companies? I mean, the moment you do something like that, you are going to kill a good chunk of the fan base doing something like that.