Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWF New Generation Thread III

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
No one has ever put someone over with just facial expressions like Bret did Waltman.

Fall of Epic

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Yeah, it was totally a shot at Ric. Landel used Flair's WWE theme from his first run and did all his mannerisms.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I couldn't take Landel seriously at all. Literally everything about him was dopey to me to where I thought he was a comedy gimmick to get Douglas some heat. I've become a fan since I was like nine, but at the time? Dude.

That feud felt like a potentially good time, though. Douglas and Ahmed seemed like a good usage of both guys at the time, honestly. One on the way up, one Shane Douglas.

Fall of Epic

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Did that controversial film he did where he exposed all the debauchery of the locker room ever see the light of day?

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

Valeyard

Reaction score
Maxx Payne would've been solid, even with the Man Mountain Rock gimmick. He just was the lamest rock star there is, to where I remember thinking he wasn't as cool as Rad Radford which is a big problem. He could've had more of an edge, and slid into being the Duggan of the era. I don't know how much the Clique would've given a fuck, honestly.

I always have assumed his doc was more hype than content, anyway. Incendiary, sure, but nothing that isn't already common knowledge.

Valeyard

Reaction score
She was awesome. It's too bad she retired after Candido's WCW run and never was seen again.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
D3FBC2C7-CBF1-4F88-99E7-1021436BDE09.jpeg
HBK didn’t even have a match on this PPV. He just was a dick on commentary for the main event.

edit- I guess he didn't specify PPV reading at it closer. He probably may have worn Granny's outfit to this house show.
A face Vs face Duke Droese Vs Aldo Montoya opener seems weird as hell. I wonder who was defect heel?

Last edited:

Valeyard

Reaction score
Should've just gone Mega Man 2 and not worried.

Jet pack would be remembered much like Phantasio taking off that dude's underpants.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Curious what titles they had Donkey Kong Country beat out and more impressed they recognized its greatness.