Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWF New Generation Thread III

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Look, good on Nash for implying kayfabe. Shawn said the second he showed up that Nash was around to keep him safe and keep the women away.

Fall of Epic

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Two things:

1. Patriot has a pretty good point that's still relevant today at 0:40.
2. I think Bret roughing up Vince at 4:15 was before Austin stunned him for the first time which means it was before Vince was acknowledged as the owner on-air so I think I was confused at the time what Bret's beef was with Vince. JR's reaction is great.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Two things:

2. I think Bret roughing up Vince at 4:15 was before Austin stunned him for the first time which means it was before Vince was acknowledged as the owner on-air so I think I was confused at the time what Bret's beef was with Vince. JR's reaction is great.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
Two things:

Well that settles it. Gonna have to pony up for Peacock and watch 1997 WWF for the very first time. Good gravy, what a hot angle.

Valeyard

Reaction score
We deserved them being a full time team

Valeyard

Reaction score
If this was Global Warfare, Crush/Shawn is good despite the finish. Shawn could carry Crush better than anyone, just lame how frankly over-protected he was in 1993.

Perfect/Samu is pretty good as well, but it also feels every bit of its length and Perfect had no business making Samu look like a threat.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
A couple 1994 questions.

It looks like after WrestleMania there was a run of matches advertised between Lex Luger and Mr. Perfect. Was this done knowing that Perfect wasn't going to be able to wrestle? Perfect did a couple promos on TV and then it was announced on Superstars one day that he had backed out of the matches and was suspended indefinitely.

Was there any kind of explanation on TV as to why Samu was replaced in the Headshrinkers? Barbarian had been working house shows in the summer as the Barbarian, so how long was it known that Samu was on the outs?

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Was there any kind of explanation on TV as to why Samu was replaced in the Headshrinkers? Barbarian had been working house shows in the summer as the Barbarian, so how long was it known that Samu was on the outs?

From the Wiki, which actually made me lol:

The kayfabe reason given to Samu's departure was that he "ate some bad fish and got a disease" and was not coping well with manager Lou Albano's attempts to civilize the Headshrinkers, especially wearing boots.