Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWF New Generation Thread III

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Has she gone the onlyfans route? Because it feels incredibly natural at this point.

Valeyard

Reaction score
The blatant false advertising of the "new" Wrestlingvixxxens with Daffney, Lacey from ROH, and several others is one of my more bitter smark memories

Valeyard

Reaction score
Why did they give up so early on him being a heel, though?

Valeyard

Reaction score
I didn't have that one but I had a bunch. Magazine used to print them all the time and I loved the stories on the back. Warrior's return ruined it all because it was a page of cards on one side and a giant picture of shitty 1996 Warrior on the back. Fuck am I gonna do with a contextless card of a Slaughter match or a picture of shitty ballcap era Warrior?

Valeyard

Reaction score
Worse ideas existed but the problem was it needed to be on HBO and like the first movie instead of syndication and a watered down third movie. Still more exciting than Highlander.

Robocop backing Piper against Lawler saves that match, too. Those guys in that company make that shit work in the dumbest, least insulting, hilarious way it can.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I never knew I wanted to see Jerry Lawler sell being terrified of RoboCop until now.

RoboCop: The Series was originally supposed to be RoboCop 4. I don’t get the mindset behind “Well, the last movie bombed so let’s make it even more watered down with an even lower budget.”

Valeyard

Reaction score
Combination of longer to tell a story and potentially money to be made with advertisers. Other properties were doing it to varying results too. It's a really dumb move for something like Robocop, though. Highlander only just worked and even then it was dogshit. You can't do sanitized Robocop with a low budget. But that show was my first exposure to Robocop since I wasn't allowed to watch the movies and I have a weird soft spot.

It's funny to think about how, if the New Generation WWF had Robocop or something do an appearance, it would just be one of those things of the time that was stupid but harmless. At worst it's up there with Shatner or Leslie Nielsen or Chuck Norris.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Part of me really misses mediocre to poor, low budget TV series adaptations of hit action movies. Could The CW really not give us a TV series version of “John Wick” with John Stamos in the titular role.

Actually, now that I think of it there were semi recent TV series versions of “Taken” and “Shooter”. Although I don’t even really remember the latter being that much of a hit.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Superboy was the pinnacle for me. It and the Bill and Ted sitcom live rent free and I can't tell you exactly why

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
"Uncle Buck" The sitcom. That theme rests in my head 30+ years later.

Being the money whore he was, I'm mildly surprised Candy didn't just take the role. He may have been powerful enough to make it a real hit.

Perhaps had he known his 90s work would mostly be bombs?

*Hums Camp Candy theme*

--
Candy was once asked why he made _______ as the script was the shits. He replied "Because they paid me 3 million dollars to shoot it".

Valeyard

Reaction score
Candy wasn't a whore. Guy had the Gene Wilder thing where he believed in almost everything, but he happened to believe in shit sometimes, and the stuff he didn't he tried hard in anyway. Read a Christopher Lee quote that was something like "every actor makes bad films, but good actors are never the reason they're bad." It's that kinda shit.

John Candy should've been at Wrestlemania 2.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Candy starred in the third Cannonball Run film that I don't even think got a theatrical release. Hopefully he did it as a favor to someone. Can't imsgine it being a high paying gig