Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWF New Generation Thread III

Fall of Epic

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Kwang and Hakushi had a short lived tag team dubbed "The Shoguns". Hakushi wound up turning on him and squashing him on Superstars.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

Damien Demento off all people remaining in the RAW intro over a year after he was fired is pretty wacky.

Bundy stayed in the Superstars intro almost into the summer of 89.

--
Kamala your quest for gold in the Woke Olympics via deleting twitter seems to have killed off all the old school threads in one quick day.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Demento is in the opening credits until 1995 IIRC. I mean I guess 12/12/94 isn’t far off. Kamala is in there a long time too but he had a lot more notable than Damian Demento.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Should have just skipped the crap gimmick and had Windham come (maybe via Uncle Zeb) to toughen up Bradshaw after his struggles with Freddy Joe Floyd.
I'm sure on paper they wanted/needed a face to feel a role. Just part of the last batch of cartoony junk gimmicks before the Attitude era turned them into junk gimmicks with an edge.
Even Tony Anthony as the evil Godwin Uncle was better than just a jobber plumber.
Maybe psycho Bob should have been paired with Alex Porteau as a sadist MMA grappler?
I liked the original Sultan gimmick as it was....but I was only following WWF via the Apters and WWF/RAW magazine since syndication was lost.
Tom Brandi as a Mafioso?
The Grimm Twins as Corny's roughneck replacements to seek revenge on Clarence Mason stealing his men?
Etc....

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I was really into the gimmick before he debuted and just wrestled like a regular big guy. Needed to be more obliterating faces and breaking bones otherwise you're just a transparent wrestling gimmick that is for some reason named after a punctuation mark.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He instantly got killed with the Million Dollar Man stink. He’d have been exponentially better as just a silent, lone wolf badass rather than just one of the half dozen goofballs in the Million Dollar Corporation.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
That was disappointing, for sure. But if he'd been allowed to work a style fitting the gimmick, it would've been much better. Like there's a little more intrigue to a guy with 1995 UFC skills trying to take out Taker because it would be like no other opponent he'd ever dealt with, and you know Taker would've been game because even when he was full kayfabe he'd be just enough of an MMA zombie to have fun with it.