Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWF New Generation Thread III

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The ‘96 Rumble has to be one of the most random assemblages of wrestlers ever. It’s the pro wrestling equivalent of a Stefon Weekend Update commentary.

“this match has everything: fiftysomething cowboys, obese but athletic twin brothers wearing face paint, Omori.”

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The match ended with a chippendale dancer kicking a giant truck driver while he grappled with an evil dentist who would in the future cosplay him for a disgruntled Oklahoman before being burned alive by his zombie brother and then became a trump sucking asshole.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They should've just turned Jake after KOTR. Frankly I'd have been into heel Jake vs Warrior in the spring because even at the worst points of their career it would still be compelling.
I don’t see ‘96 Jake Vs Warrior going any better than ‘98 Hogan Vs Warrior. After ‘91, Warrior is just trash outside of the rematch with Savage at SummerSlam ‘92.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don’t see ‘96 Jake Vs Warrior going any better than ‘98 Hogan Vs Warrior. After ‘91, Warrior is just trash outside of the rematch with Savage at SummerSlam ‘92.
He should gotten out of the ring and become Vaders manager because Cornette was scared of him and Jake convinced him Vader would turn on him, there we get Shawn and Vader with Jake cutting the promos for Vader.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I was stoked for Jake too. Then he had the stupid vest and albino python instead of being the devil himself.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Dory being there was the funniest. The promos with the rundown of entrants having Shawn, Diesel, Vader, Yokozuna, and the old picture of Jake leading into the screenshot of old ass Dory and then Doug Gilbert was hilarious to me as a kid.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Nash tried so hard. Might legit be one of Mabel's best matches all told. Top three.

Sir Mo getting demoted from partner to manager was fucked up.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They should have done the MoM breakup they did in Memphis in WWF.

Should they have brought black militant gimmick Tracy Smothers to the main show? Maybe…

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Dory being there was the funniest. The promos with the rundown of entrants having Shawn, Diesel, Vader, Yokozuna, and the old picture of Jake leading into the screenshot of old ass Dory and then Doug Gilbert was hilarious to me as a kid.
Memphis ran a Royal Rumble to get Doug Gilbert that slot. I wonder if they used his poor showing in an angle the next week?

--
I always considered Mo to be useless, even as a 12 year old watching this crap.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Here is my biannual bringing up the time when Owen Hart injured Mo in storyline and Mo came back with no mention of it or no attempt at revenge. He really is canonically one of the weakest non jobbers in WWF history.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Mo looked ten years older than most of the midcard and frankly was one of the worst, definitely worse than Mabel. If he were at least bigger and looked intimidating, it would be so much better.