Votes: 22 84.6%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This, however, is about you: why is Tekcop and maybe a few others here so certain that my posts are personally directed to and/or about you?

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Guys just put him on ignore, he’s a full on troll at this point. He has never been accountable and never will be. He has always been a miserable troll and always will be. The board was better when he left because he victimized himself over some innocuous thing cwm said.
I'm not in pain.

lol you are convincing nobody.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I never thought for a second that he would face real consequences, but I have to admit, I assumed it would come down to a drawn-out appeals process or something equally mundane. I was not prepared for this. The mechanism by which he’s apparently going to skate on is pretty unsettling because the ramifications of the Supreme Court’s decision go so far beyond this case itself.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
On his off-brand tweeter, Trump has called for a military tribunal for Liz Cheney's 'treason' on television. The ratings, believe me, the ratings.

Gary

If You're Into It, I'm Out of It
Reaction score
This man does realize he actually has power to do something about this, right? Like, fuck decorum, do something for once in your miserable life.

This guy deserves to lose.

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
This man does realize he actually has power to do something about this, right? Like, fuck decorum, do something for once in your miserable life.

This guy deserves to lose.
We (my family and I) just had a discussion about this after dinner.

If the POTUS is granted immunity for "official acts" then why not use it to bar convicted felons from running for national office? Why not immediately push through legislation to restrict Presidential powers and immunity on an official level?

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This isn't addressed at people specifically here (unless maybe it is!?) but just sort of stuff I've been thinking about the last few days.

Maybe Biden can still win because everyone has "already made up their minds". If so that's (i guess) great. That doesn't mean we shouldn't still be horrified that THIS is what the world has come to. It also doesn't mean we shouldn't criticize Biden or consider replacing him.

There is a double standard when it comes to Biden and Trump. The right wing has long since stopped pretending it cares about anything other than winning. Facts don't matter. Being nice doesn't matter. Nothing the media says matters. The left still tries to play by some rules. Whether that is a good thing or not I don't know. Ideally yes! But in a world where we are now hearing about military tribunals maybe not! I don't want the left to go full Stalin or something but maybe grow a backbone. A little FDR up in here. Now that was a crippled old man I can support!

As a foreign observer the consequences for the entire world of this election are terrifying. In many ways I'm more concerned about it than my own Federal election. We still have a functioning system of checks and balances. America has just seen what was left of that completely shredded this week. I'm not trying to say Canada is perfect, because boy is it not but I worry for all of our futures.

So what I am saying is. Please Brody tell us we'll be all right.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
We saw it with COVID-19, everyday Americans really cannot get on the same page and work together for the common good. We are the most selfish, entitled nation. HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY WEEK.

Can you imagine if something like this happened in any part of the world? People would be filling the streets in a rage. Instead, Americans are just going to point fingers at each other as our boat goes towards the waterfalls.

It is all the DSA’s fault though, tek.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Can you imagine if something like this happened in any part of the world? People would be filling the streets in a rage. Instead, Americans are just going to point fingers at each other as our boat goes towards the waterfalls.
As someone who has seen his country fall by the wayside over the past few years with no response, I can assure you that apathy isn’t a uniquely American problem.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That checks and balances thing is distressing. The Supreme Court is corrupted and, due to the number of appointments made from 2017-2020, an actual arm of the GOP. The likelihood of Trump winning has at least increased this past week. The Republican House majority is wafer thin but it could be retained. The Dems have a lot of seats to hold in the Senate and it's a tough row to hoe; the GOP doesn't have as many contested seats there as in recent cycles.

It might not be a great time. I already worry a lot about the students I'm leaving for grad school. Spec ed kids, among many others, are already at risk and I shudder to think how things could be with deeper budget cuts and more permissive bullying, etc. I'm going to try to find some part time tutoring, sub, para or other roles where I'm moving.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Americans can't even peacefully protest genocide or hold vigils for dead children without getting brutalized by armored police.

Gary

Reaction score

Not as important as the big news, but here's more stuff about RFK Jr. Including stuff that's awful (sexual assault), expected (cocaine) and weird aka also expected (posing with a dog carcass).

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I always thought it was heroin that burned out Kennedy Jr's throat but I might've been wrong and it was cocaine instead.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Gary

Reaction score

Not as important as the big news, but here's more stuff about RFK Jr. Including stuff that's awful (sexual assault), expected (cocaine) and weird aka also expected (posing with a dog carcass).
update

It takes a lot to somehow come off as a weirder candidate than Trump, but here we are

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hunter angling for a second-term, lame-duck presidency pardon from his dad; Joe thinks it's 2012 and not 2024 and his boss Obama is running for re-election, not him.