Votes: 22 84.6%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Idk. Out of the two options, I feel like Harris is the better option than Biden. She can do a better job of verbally jousting with Trump and forcing him to reveal his true colors.

They’d probably lose either way but we wouldn’t have to worry about Kamala running in 2028 in that instance. If we even have an election in 2028.

DarKnight -350
Deon -375
So cabbageboy would be Kimball Musk? Shouldn’t it be the other way around?

Last edited:

Dandy

Reaction score
Kamala Harris is a woman. Kamala Harris is black. Neither of those things bother me, but they do quite a bit of people, even those on the Democratic side.

Also, Kamala is getting dragged FOR NOT EVEN BEING BLACK by a large portion of social media right now. Obviously the Republicans and the bots are going to tear her down now that she is a possibility to run, but she has never been crazy popular anyway.

You run Kamala and you might as well not field a candidate. JMO.

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There aren't any viable electable candidates to replace him, and the only one who would be doesn't want the job.

Everyone polls well when the national electorate hardly knows you, you're basically "generic candidate". The good thing about Generic Candidate is they never take positions on anything and everyone can project their desires onto him/her. But once your background starts getting combed through, you start taking stands on national/international issues, the opposition party starts blasting out attack ads, suddenly you're not as popular. Dems would need to put someone out there RIGHT NOW since we're 4 months out from the election, have they "Presidentially vetted" everyone? Prob not.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Trump has a lead in all battleground states and some are significant. I’m not saying this election is a sure thing but it would take a miracle for Biden to win at this point.
Man I didn’t even have to wait till November to quote this as an “I told you so”. I’m sorry I was right! Don’t shoot the messenger!

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Dems would need to put someone out there RIGHT NOW since we're 4 months out from the election, have they "Presidentially vetted" everyone? Prob not.

That is the thing that annoyed me. It’s not like Biden’s cognitive iasues came on all of a sudden. Why the DNC throw the fix in for the primary? Again, it's not as if Biden's crashed in popularity. He was already unpopular at the start of this election cycle. And if they did believe Biden was the best man for the job then the best thing would be for him to have to prove it.

Democrats really just proved they were as blindly loyal to their candidate as the Republicans. Washington gadflies talk about how deep the bench is for 2028 but nobody was willing to take on the challenge except a barely known Centrist nepo baby and friggin Marianne Williamson?

Democrats having to select another candidate now would be like finishing a huge assignment that you knew about for months the night before it's due. It's just so unnecessary. We're a year maybe a year and a half past the point of having this discussion. This has potential to make 2016 look like 2008 for the Democrats.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
The other options (outside of Michelle who seems to have zero desire to get involved are):

Kamala Harris
Gavin Newsom
Andy Beshear
JB Pritzker
Gretchen Whitmer

The issue is the two most well known options in Harris and Newsom both have some political stink on them for various reasons and are also known as coastal elites, and the states they would win are also states the Democrats will easily win anyway.

The issue with the other 3 is they aren't well known, and would need to very quickly have the word get out about them, and the best way that would happen would be in a debate with Trump (which his team would be crazy to let him accept at that this point).

Out of all he candidates, if you had more time, I think Andy Beshear would pretty easily win. Hell, you might even put Ohio/KY back in play with him as the candidate.

Last edited:

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm Kamala pilled too. And to the point about her race, the last three winning tickets for Democrats had black people on them. You have to replace Biden with somebody because it's a much bigger risk to not replace him. Just toss her on there.

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Would be nice if these Dems would spend their time attacking Trump/Republicans rather than the leader of their party. "Never tell anyone outside the family what you're thinking."

And I know this is a "LOL", but would also be nice if the press were to cover Trump/Republicans as the threat they are. Where all these pieces about how Trump should step down due to age/felonies/generally being unfit for office (there have been a few, I admit)? He p. much lied about everything during the debate, why isn't that getting as much or more coverage in the mainstream press? The hyper focus on Biden is doing as much if not more to depress his polling than his actual performance.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
To channel Brody for a second, for better or worse, this is the first time in a long time. Maybe even this entire election cycle where the focus is on Biden while Trump has been relatively quiet.

As my mom told me in middle school, not all attention is good attention but still time to turn a negative into a positive.

Staff member
Reaction score
To channel Brody for a second, for better or worse, this is the first time in a long time. Maybe even this entire election cycle where the focus is on Biden while Trump has been relatively quiet.

As my mom told me in middle school, not all attention is good attention but still time to turn a negative into a positive.
First time in nine years.

The media isn't Biden's PR wing. The media has been rightfully hounding Trump for nine years. This is one of the biggest election stories literally in history so...now it's getting attention.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
And I know this is a "LOL", but would also be nice if the press were to cover Trump/Republicans as the threat they are. Where all these pieces about how Trump should step down due to age/felonies/generally being unfit for office (there have been a few, I admit)? He p. much lied about everything during the debate, why isn't that getting as much or more coverage in the mainstream press? The hyper focus on Biden is doing as much if not more to depress his polling than his actual performance.
The media should be talking about Trump and the recent Supreme Court verdict more to be sure. But honestly the reason most of the media talks about Biden the way they do is that they're Democratic partisans and they see the way the wind is blowing after the debate. It's been clear that Biden was unfit for quite a while, but they always played along with the party line until it became to obvious to ignore.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
The media should be talking about Trump and the recent Supreme Court verdict more to be sure. But honestly the reason most of the media talks about Biden the way they do is that they're Democratic partisans and they see the way the wind is blowing after the debate. It's been clear that Biden was unfit for quite a while, but they always played along with the party line until it became to obvious to ignore.
This is a good point, the Democratic Party needs to shoulder a lot of blame. Every normal person has been talking about biden’s mental decline for months, and because it went against the party line, real Americans like 909 and tek and real people in general like me and cwm were ignored and ridiculed by the water carriers. Well, the chickens came home to roost, and now it’s pretty late to do anything about it.

When we talked about the importance of the debate, it wasn’t about facts so much as it being an exhibition of how obviously in mental decline this dude is.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There is still a lot of time left on the clock. Obviously, Democrats have wasted so much time already that I don't blame any of the doomers for thinking that way but it's early July not early November.

I'm not into making serious predictions until at least after Labor Day but it's absolutely not out of the realm of possibility that we'll be ITT in October, thinking "Man, remember 4th of July when we thought Trump was going to walk away with the election? Now *insert Democratic candidate* is up by 10%!"

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If Biden does step down, and that doesn't seem to be his plan, it can't really wait until after Labor Day. I think they're doing a virtual nomination the end of this month and then the convention next month. The next couple weeks are important. I fear he may end up getting Carter'd by his own ostensible side.

I don't think the Mainer that's totally fine with another Trump admin because he'd personally be ok is alone with that take.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Would be nice if these Dems would spend their time attacking Trump/Republicans rather than the leader of their party. "Never tell anyone outside the family what you're thinking."

Agreed and it's frustrating. I'd say our friends in the media didn't learn a lesson from their hyper-focus on The Benghazi in 2016 but I don't think learning lessons is the point. I wasn't a big fan of how the swift boat thing against an actual Vietnam veteran was handled in 2004, either.

It's something how so many Americans vote against their own and their families' interests in favor of destructive Republicans. On the other side, so many folks who've found some stability and comfort lean into self-destruct mode. I understand there's a desire to have everyone be happy and all but, sometimes, it's ok for some who already have much to not get everything exactly as they want it.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I try to not get all doomery but I remember when Trump won in 2016 people arguing that it would be good for accelerationism and Real Change in the long run to have someone so obviously awful in office, but here we are in 2024 and he's running again while being both extremely unpopular and not getting blown out of the water in polling because the incumbent is an ancient, dementia-addled fool who is essentially holding his party hostage every minute he doesn't drop out. We are so fucked.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Watching lib chuds point out Trump's refusal to drop out as a reason Biden shouldn't either is not a compelling argument in Biden's favor