Votes: 22 84.6%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ohio changed their law earlier this year which rendered the virtual unnecessary but the Dems were sticking with it for some reason. Pushing it back was a new development. That, Biden saying a medical situation could make him step away, and then being diagnosed with Covid (his third time, I think) all happened within a day or 2.

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Ohio law amending the deadline will not go into effect until Sept. 1. So the original Aug. 7 deadline will still be on the books when that date comes and goes, providing a potential opening for litigation.

So basically they don't trust the Ohio GOP to not try any funny business, which is prob a wise move.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Ohio changed their law earlier this year which rendered the virtual unnecessary but the Dems were sticking with it for some reason. Pushing it back was a new development. That, Biden saying a medical situation could make him step away, and then being diagnosed with Covid (his third time, I think) all happened within a day or 2.
Yeah, he got COVID in 2022 and a rebound case that same year. It wouldn't surprise me if he drops out using COVID as the excuse (and later gets a rebound case again).

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So basically they don't trust the Ohio GOP to not try any funny business, which is prob a wise move.
I don't trust any of them but Ohio is particularly bad.

It is probably reasonable to think the virtual postponement could be lining up a change. It's frustrating to see the republicans enjoying the fruits of the efforts of so many Dems and the media over the past several weeks.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, he got COVID in 2022 and a rebound case that same year. It wouldn't surprise me if he drops out using COVID as the excuse (and later gets a rebound case again).
I've wondered if the lingering cough, etc, could be symptoms of Long Covid. To get a third case, at his age, is not good. The NATO speech reassured me that Biden is more than capable of successfully fulfilling the duties of office but, yeah, after the last 3 weeks, this bout of Covid could have him leaning towards stepping down.

It is crazy how little respect or attention his accomplishments have received. So much of what he's done has positively impacted people and groups that are rarely the ones being helped. And I still think ending the war in Afghanistan was the right thing to do. I know the GOP and the TV people didn't like it but, imo, we didn't need to be doing that for a third decade.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score

While a lot of the media reporting continues to be tail-wagging-the-dog stuff or outright lying (there've been instances of making up quotes from congresspeople, etc), there is also an increasing vibe of where there's smoke there's fire.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was offline a few days while moving across the big river for grad school. I missed the stuff with our friend, Kamala. But I was here for several of your thoughtful posts during the ongoing 24/7 media pile-on. You were the wrestling message board equivalent of Rebecca Solnit and I mean that as a huge compliment.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
While I haven't donated to Biden since he went to Ukraine (an actual tough guy move that Trump could only do on scripted tv), I continue to get a lot of texts and emails asking for more or do a survey, etc. Today one arrived saying that Biden is considering dropping out and asking if I would support VP Harris.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This Hogan stuff has come across really bad among most conservatives I know, just really sad.
When I was bartending, so many of the trumpers would go on and on about how much they hate wrestling. Then I'd put it on the TV and watch them sit there enthralled. These people can lie all they want but the celebrity thing, and anything adjacent to it like Hogan, is their lifeblood.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
What's gone on longer: the Roman Reigns storyline or the GOP as Trump adoration thing?

Gary

If You're Into It, I'm Out of It
Reaction score

This is an interesting article. It shows-among other things-Biden’s bitterness towards Obama and Pelosi, and gives a possible reason as to why he hasn’t stepped down.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Isn't the NYTimes bad? I read on x.com that they're bad.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score

"One day after the Republican National Convention, new public calls for Biden to drop out from a dozen lawmakers – including Democratic Sen. Martin Heinrich of New Mexico and California Rep. Zoe Lofgren, a close ally to former Speaker Nancy Pelosi – grew the list of congressional Democrats to more than 30."

"Rep. Greg Landsman, an Ohio Democrat, told Dana Bash on CNN’s “Inside Politics” Friday that it was time for Biden to drop out. “Passing the torch is the right thing to do,” Landsman said. “That is the way to ensure that Donald Trump doesn’t win the presidency.”

And four other House Democrats – Reps. Jared Huffman and Mark Pocan; a member of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, Chuy Garcia; and a member of the Congressional Black Caucus, Marc Veasey – released a joint statement Friday, using the same “pass the torch” rhetoric."