• Donald Trump

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Truly glad to see it. I'm not super optimistic on Kamala when it comes to Palestine, but I also could see that Biden was far to the right of Ronald Reagan on the subject. So honestly besides Trump (before snuffbox accuses me of something stupid) anyone is better at this point.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

This smashed every record and it was from hundreds of thousands of people, not just mega-rich. This kind of enthusiasm is HUGE. She also secured pledges for 150 million in future donations.

Overall, the Harris campaign said 888,000 grassroots donors made donations over the previous 24 hours; more than 500,000 were making their first contribution of the 2024 campaign cycle.

That kind of excitement around a new candidate is incredibly important. I don't see any reason whatsoever to believe that replacing Biden with Kamala is anything but the right call.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Kamala Harris has already learned from one mistake of 2016 and is holding her first rally since gaining the necessary delegates for nomination in Wisconsin.

Biden will address the country Wednesday night.

And Vance had a Jeb moment.

Fall of Epic

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Trump getting cold feet over Vance lol. If Trump drops him and still makes him kiss the ring it'll be glorious.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Trump will never do anything as good as George McGovern but I'd be happy to see him replicate his one big mistake from 1972.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Kelly is another good choice. And the Arizona governor is a Dem so the senate seat would be kept as well.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's satisfying seeing Vance doing a speed run a la De Santis being a weird fucking freak that alienates most people but I'm still not sold Trump will lose

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sold he'll lose but I feel better on it than I did with Biden. We'll see where we are in September but they certainly killed any momentum Trump had from getting shot or coming out of the RNC.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
JD Vance has a net-negative approval rating following the Republican National Convention, CNN found.

Since 2000, VP nominees typically have had a net-positive rating of 19 points after a convention.

Vance has long polled behind other Republicans, and some are questioning whether he was a wise pick.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Vance stuff surprises me a little bit, (as an Ohioan, I dislike him too), but I don’t know who Trump would pick that would really move the needle for people who aren’t really going to vote for him anyway.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Haley might've been more helpful to him on that and she's definitely flimsy enough to have done it.

Gary

If You're Into It, I'm Out of It
Reaction score
The Vance stuff surprises me a little bit, (as an Ohioan, I dislike him too), but I don’t know who Trump would pick that would really move the needle for people who aren’t really going to vote for him anyway.
One of the biggest problems the GOP-hell, the conservative movement today-has is that so many of the younger members are off-putting weirdos that, to use internet terminology, "scare the normies". DeSantis has zero charisma, is genuinely evil and comes off as incapable of behaving like a normal human being. I know a guy at work who like Matt Gaetz, but I think most people would immediately recognize that he's a creep. Like if the villain of a college sex comedy grew up and became a politician. Marjorie Taylor Green is a conspiracy theorist who rode to infamy by jumping onto Qanon and is pals with Alex Jones. That shit turns off moderate voters. This explains why so many Trump endorsed/Trump centric candidates have lost elections.

Even the hanger on types and pundits are too out there for more moderate voters. Tucker Carlson is not only a massive hatemonger, but was humiliated by Putin during his attempt at an interview, has weird views on masculinity (a lot of these guys do) and has seen his star fall some (when you are reduced to interviewing a man who calls himself "catturd", you are coming off as washed). DeSantis actually getting some pepe/groyper dudes to work on his campaign backfired, as it made anyone with half a brain look at it and say "why am I seeing a literal white supremacist symbol in a political ad?" Jack Posobiec, Tim Pool, Steven Crowder etc-no normal human being is going to look at these dorks and think "wow, these guys are cool!" They are either weird ethno nationalists, self hating closet cases (Crowder and Benny Johnson) or grifters who don't actually believe in anything (Pool and Alex Jones)

Vance is literally one of those guys. Mike Pence is awful in every way, but at least tried to come off as a normal human being. JD either doesn't know how to or forgot. Every time he tells you his views, he comes off as an equally evil but somehow weirder DeSantis, which is something I previously thought was impossible. Also, while he did win in my home state, it was by 2%, which doesn't excuse him winning but does paint a bigger painting of what a lot of people here probably think of him.

Last edited:
Reaction score
One of the biggest problems the GOP-hell, the conservative movement today-has is that so many of the younger members are off-putting weirdos that, to use internet terminology, "scare the normies". DeSantis has zero charisma, is genuinely evil and comes off as incapable of behaving like a normal human being. I know a guy at work who like Matt Gaetz, but I think most people would immediately recognize that he's a creep. Like if the villain of a college sex comedy grew up and became a politician. Marjorie Taylor Green is a conspiracy theorist who rode to infamy by jumping onto Qanon and is pals with Alex Jones. That shit turns off moderate voters. This explains why so many Trump endorsed/Trump centric candidates have lost elections.

Even the hanger on types and pundits are too out there for more moderate voters. Tucker Carlson is not only a massive hatemonger, but was humiliated by Putin during his attempt at an interview, has weird views on masculinity (a lot of these guys do) and has seen his star fall some (when you are reduced to interviewing a man who calls himself "catturd", you are coming off as washed). DeSantis actually getting some pepe/groyper dudes to work on his campaign backfired, as it made anyone with half a brain look at it and say "why am I seeing a literal white supremacist symbol in a political ad?" Jack Posobiec, Tim Pool, Steven Crowder etc-no normal human being is going to look at these dorks and think "wow, these guys are cool!" They are either weird ethno nationalists, self hating closet cases (Crowder and Benny Johnson) or grifters who don't actually believe in anything (Pool and Alex Jones)

Vance is literally one of those guys. Mike Pence is awful in every way, but at least tried to come off as a normal human being. JD either doesn't know how to or forgot. Every time he tells you his views, he comes off as an equally evil but somehow weirder DeSantis, which is something I previously thought was impossible. Also, while he did win in my home state, it was by 2%, which doesn't excuse him winning but does paint a bigger painting of what a lot of people here probably think of him.
Yep. They’re all fucking losers and it pisses me off that we mince words and dance around what’s in front of us.

Gary

If You're Into It, I'm Out of It
Reaction score
Yep. They’re all fucking losers and it pisses me off that we mince words and dance around what’s in front of us.
Honestly, I actually think one of the ways Kamala could win is if she just asked the question "why are some of you guys so weird?" I'll admit to not being a huge fan of hers, but she clearly is better at campaigning than Biden or Hillary ever were, and she seems to be actually ready for whatever attacks her opponents might have.

Another thing about Vance: one of the reasons he won here is because he was running against a shitty candidate nobody liked. Granted, this is also an example at how incompetent the DNC can be at finding stronger candidates, but I digress.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Honestly, I actually think one of the ways Kamala could win is if she just asked the question "why are some of you guys so weird?" I'll admit to not being a huge fan of hers, but she clearly is better at campaigning than Biden or Hillary ever were, and she seems to be actually ready for whatever attacks her opponents might have.

Another thing about Vance: one of the reasons he won here is because he was running against a shitty candidate nobody liked. Granted, this is also an example at how incompetent the DNC can be at finding stronger candidates, but I digress.
What do you dislike about Tim Ryan?

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Yeah it's lasted far longer, had multiple spinoffs and has far more cultural impact.
Also easy chum in the water for the GOP who are searching for something to stick with their Harris attacks.
I'd probably have leaned away from a fringe voting base stuff that is a triggering point for some.

I'm going with Mama Brody as my test case here. She wants to vote D as usual, but her big hold ups are abortion and she's not hip to the trans/gay movement. When she said something negative leaning last weekend on the subject, I reminder her that her God tells her to love everyone.

I have no idea what "hip" show to suggest as an alternative option since I don't watch TV.

Then again, WTF the other guy hung out with a noted pedo and likely raped some teens with his blessing at some point, not that anyone who gets weirded out by Harris' drag show appearance would think that way. I'm going to guess I'll be seeing the attacks on Twitter later from Watters, Hannity, etc
----

"Weird" seems to be part of the current lexicon of the youth (I see it a lot in my police arrest viewings) so I wonder if this is a nod to the Gen Z crowd that likely won't read this anyway?

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
The way some people here still wanna cater to the narrow minded bigot, and are afraid of them. They don’t have a say, even if Trump were to win the country is never going to move in that direction. Appeasing them never works, and the bigotry gets further eroded when you stick to your guns anyway.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Also easy chum in the water for the GOP who are searching for something to stick with their Harris attacks.
I'd probably have leaned away from a fringe voting base stuff that is a triggering point for some.
The "fringe voters" aren't voting for the other candidate anyway and shit like Kamala being on RuPaul ain't making them change their minds...

The Independents care about bigger issues than Kamala appearing on RuPaul or Trump raping people (sad but true). At the end of the day, the arguments by both candidates made on issues like the Economy, Abortion, Immigration, etc. will outweigh some one-off appearance on a program they may/may not see on their Twitter feed 3-4 months ago come November.

If Kamala appearing on RuPaul cements voters not voting for her then frankly, they have bigger problems to work out themselves.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The GOP already has the 'scared of every single thing that's even slightly different than them' vote clamped down. Unfortunately for them, there don't seem to be enough voters that weak as they've only won one popular vote since the Mega Powers exploded.

Staff member
Reaction score
The Dems biggest failing in the last 30 years is that they're caught up in worrying about what people will think when they do the right thing. They should spend more time doing the right thing because they will be rewarded for it.