Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in Fall 2022- Spreading lies and bullshit to the media.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Maybe they can do a loop at the ECW Arena and The Burt Flickinger Center early next year.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
It did smell like pee. I saw ECW live there 5 times in the late 90s. Also no AC.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hara Arena, home of the Heatwave shows in 98 and 99 is long gone from tornado damage as well.

If things get too rough in their home market he can book the Odeum in Chicago.

Edit: NO HE CANT. It’s closed as well.

Running out of options Tony.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Idk if AEW ever went through a gritty period to justify being called gentrified though. Unless you count regularly booking Joey Janela as their pre gentrification period.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Idk if AEW ever went through a gritty period to justify being called gentrified though. Unless you count regularly booking Joey Janela as their pre gentrification period.
The business has. AEW has cleaned up the worst parts, made things safer for everyone, pushes the right amount of minorities so as to not threaten the whites out there, lots of vibrant community support. Kenny Omega is the Whole Foods of wrestling.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Also if you look on WrestleTix, RAW and Smackdown usually only have about 6k-7k people at shows. Outside of a handful of events for each company, business isn’t very hot right now.

Staff member
Reaction score
Also if you look on WrestleTix, RAW and Smackdown usually only have about 6k-7k people at shows. Outside of a handful of events for each company, business isn’t very hot right now.

It's almost like the economy actually fuckin sucks beyond just gas prices like some people keep trying to tell you

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Hasn't Miro been doing some out of wrestling work in acting on some television show as well? I'd take that more as the reason for the long term absense but, as she said, is what it is!

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Someone's going to throw a rock at me for suggesting this but I almost wonder if Miro would have been better off in Impact or NJPW where he could have been a big fish in a smaller pond.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Miro was a perfect signing that got totally squandered when some other shiny new toy appeared for TK to fixate on. TK clearly isn't sure how to book him anyway otherwise Gamer Miro wouldn't have been a thing and set him back a year.

Fall of Epic

Epic Reine
Reaction score
tenor.png

Valeyard

Reaction score
For real though what kind of money does AEW make? There is no way they turn a real profit with this stuff happening all the time.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Still not sure if basically trading Taven and Bennett for Bobby Fish is a good move.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Lateral at best.

I'd rather have Matt Taven and Mike Bennett, I guess, long term as midcard stalwarts but if you ask me which of the three is most likely to have a great match at any given moment then it's Fish.

Valeyard

Reaction score
It's so fucked up that Miro and Claudio aren't getting TV time but those goofs are. Now I wonder if they're making the same money.

Valeyard

Reaction score
But in all seriousness there definitely is a place for a number three. A real one, not GCW-style. It makes me surprised how shitty Corgan hasn't used his cache to get on MTV3 or some shit.