Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in Fall 2022- Spreading lies and bullshit to the media.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Garcia is 24 and Yuta is 26. Writing them off is insane. Remember when people wrote Bryan off 20 years ago because he wasn't charismatic or wasn't able to work TV matches? I don't know if they're gonna be Bryan or anything, of course, but it's lunacy to say such things this young. The only thing that stands in Garcia's way is that Daniel Garcia is a really generic name, and that's a total nitpick.

You can push Starks and Hobbs, too. It isn't an either-or. I love Hobbs and really enjoy Starks. They just can't do what Yuta and Garcia can do right now.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I didn't even realize Yuta was only 26. He's been working since 2015 so we have a better idea of his ceiling but he's still definitely by no means fully formed.

Valeyard

Reaction score
We're in an era now where a lot of guys don't hit their stride until like 32-33 too. Barring something horrible those guys can only get better.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hell, we're seeing Jericho and PCO doing some of their best work in their fifties. With the way that sports medicine has progressed, that might be the rule and not the exception by the time Yuta and Garcia are middle aged.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
Here‘s an issue though and NXT has the same problem. If they develop into great talents say three years from now, they‘ve been overexposed and the audience is completely burnt out on them.

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
We're in an era now where a lot of guys don't hit their stride until like 32-33 too. Barring something horrible those guys can only get better.
With rare exceptions, that's been the norm for the wrestling business for decades. Austin and Foley were around that age when they became big deals, Flair either was or about to be 32 when he first won the NWA World title, Bret Hart was 35 when he became WWF Champion, etc.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
The return of the Elite is reportedly imminent. Do you bring them back as apart of the 6 person division, or do you change course and keep the Bucks as a tag and Omega as a stand-alone?

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
They have Darby Allin right there, right fucking there, someone who EVERYONE that sees him who doesn't even care about wrestling thinks is cool, and they aren't doing anything with him on their main show.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What cachet does Billy Corgan have? he's a nutter that no one wants to do business with. Just because he was in a famous band doesn't change anything.

AEW is probably close to break even and when they get a new contract they will be making money.

It's so fucked up that Miro and Claudio aren't getting TV time but those goofs are. Now I wonder if they're making the same money.
Claudio is on pretty regularly even if it isn't as much as he should be. Miro killed himself by insisting on the stupid gamer gimmick. Like Redjed said, he has a bunch of outside commitments (as well as injuries) that haven't helped.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Larry lost two teeth because of the scuffle:

From the perspective of Punk's camp, the scrum itself — which became the talk of the wrestling world due to Punk's comments on Colt Cabana, "Hangman" Adam Page, and The Elite — didn't seem like a big deal, and only escalated once Punk's locker room door was "kicked in" and accidentally hit Punk's dog, Larry, in the face. At a pre-scheduled veterinarian appointment a few days later, Punk was informed that two of Larry's teeth had been knocked loose and had to be removed.

Read More: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/107305...-all-out-fallout-exclusive/?utm_campaign=clip

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well, Kenny Omega deserves to be fired for failing to protect to Larry.
Kingston, another guy who is so mishandled that I can't make sense of it.
Given that AEW is trying to avoid locker room drama (and failing horribly), the thing holding Eddie Kingston back is his overeagerness to talk about how much he hates most of the locker room IRL. I love Eddie Kingston but it's probably not best look to make a guy who was considered a locker room poison for the first 80% of his career the face of your company.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So, I am pretty sure they are building to MJF winning the title at the PPV by using Regal’s brass knuckles. I‘m 50/50 on whether Regal turns on Moxley and the BCC to align with MJF in the process.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I feel like I poorly articulated my thoughts so bear with me as I'm of somewhat questionable mental agility.

Claudio needs to be treated like more than a third string guy. I dont see his current work being a high point in the sense that he should be considered well booked or even considered as such. He deserves so much better and should be recognized from a booking perspective. Total waste.

Kingston should always be featured. Always. He is seriously the modern Dusty. You can feature someone without them working every week and honestly it benefits him more if promos are all he's able to bust out on a regular basis.

Ruby should stop spray tanning but that is not relevant.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Larry lost two teeth because of the scuffle:

From the perspective of Punk's camp, the scrum itself — which became the talk of the wrestling world due to Punk's comments on Colt Cabana, "Hangman" Adam Page, and The Elite — didn't seem like a big deal, and only escalated once Punk's locker room door was "kicked in" and accidentally hit Punk's dog, Larry, in the face. At a pre-scheduled veterinarian appointment a few days later, Punk was informed that two of Larry's teeth had been knocked loose and had to be removed.

Read More: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/107305...-all-out-fallout-exclusive/?utm_campaign=clip
B031B869-F393-4D36-AEF4-9D5F853A44CE.pngD77135C5-B608-47E9-9B95-69E1DAE6AEA6.jpeg
Meltzer says it’s fake news.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
I do have a hard time believing the dog story, because it was never reported prior, and that narrative fits the obvious lie that "they kicked the damn door down" stuff. It's just an extension of that. That's already been confirmed that no door was kicked down, there wasn't any intense aggression from the Elite side in that manner (who had the legal rep with them). Plenty of people have been talked to. There is no conspiracy here. Punk was clearly in the wrong.

Honestly, the vibe I have had then and now is that Punk is an incredibly ego-driven and defensive-minded dude. He's constantly on the defense while at the same time coming off similar to a Thunder Rosa in that they aren't mindful of their side of the road, and refuses to accept his role in tenuous situations. He has been quoted in the latest piece by the guy he rolled hard in the media scrum of being "friends" with certain talent (which also wasn't true that he was), that Punk didn't even feel he did anything wrong during the scrum. ALso that Punk was so paranoid he thought Adam Page would shoot on him in the Double or Nothing match. Like wtf? Even if you agree with Punk's feelings, that was not the time nor the place to air those grievances during that scrum. It was completelty unprofessional and was not the way to "deal" with whatever was going through in his head. Clearly, Punk was in a mood coming off of another injury just an hour before, but still....totally fucking unprofessional.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah I'm highly suspicious of Larrygate. Pets getting hurt isn't the type of injustice that people keep quiet about for two months. That's something you flip the heck out over and shout to high heavens about.

CM Punk or Ace Steel must've been listening to '90s prank calls on YouTube when a light bulb went off over their head.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I get that "Jane" is the Wet Hot American Summer theme and he got his gimmick from Paul Rudd's character in the movie, but "Where Is My Mind" works so much better as a wrestling theme. He kind of lost something imo when he switched back to "Jane".

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm gonna choose to believe everything in that Punk story, even though his own version makes him out to be an absolute nutcase. Anyone who would think Hangman is gonna shoot on him in their match is so far gone there's no way to reason with anyone in that mindset. And that was three months before he had the press conference!

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah. Where is My Mind is great. Big drop off in quality for no reason.

Staff member
Reaction score

In case anyone still has any doubt about this situation.

We've heard about some of the names that were around during the brawl who were suspended as they were physically involved, but there were also several that approached shortly thereafter. One of those was Chris Jericho, who was heavily lauded by those we spoke to for his resolve and demeanor stepping up during the scrum right after the incident took place.

was told by numerous sources that Chris Jericho approached CM Punk, unhappy about the Brawl Out fight as well as the nature of the scrum that had just taken place. Jericho told CM Punk that he was a cancer to the locker room, and a detriment to the company. Those we've spoken to didn't recount CM Punk's reply verbatim, but said that he effectively told Jericho it wasn't his business and needed to leave.

TO HIS FACE

Fightful also tried to ask Jericho about this and he didn't respond, so it didn't come from him.

But that's why you can't just undo all this stuff.