Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in Fall 2022- Spreading lies and bullshit to the media.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
FWIW, I am certainly not clamoring for a massive Cabana push at all, I think my comments got clearly misunderstood based on the response. I just thought in terms of a FU to Punk it would be a bit of a direct jab at him, and a nod to playcate to the locker room morale so I could see them doing it. Plus like I said, even though none of us are wanting him back necessarily, from the locker room side, that move that Khan did certainly shook up things negatively internally from the get-go despite our feelings on particular talent. Cabana was well liked in the back, and alot of talent took his demotion in a certain way.

Honestly, the best role for Cabana probably would be as a road agent, creative assistant, etc for the ROH brand. Not to roll back into ROH talk, but why in the fuck isnt Khan at least utilizing some of these older vet talents like Daniels, Cabana, Jerry Lynn, etc etc into creating a more seperate and unique ROH brand that those talents can effectively run? Will TK ever ease back on the control over all this and get a fucking committee of talent who can creatively put it all together?

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't see how booking Colt Cabana for spiteful purposes helps anybody even if most of the locker room is anti-Punk (and I still think there are more than a few silent Punk supporters even after Brawl Out). Tony Khan shouldn't be acting like VKM.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Chicago will hijack anyway. If Punk can bail in 2014 and get chants for the next five years, imagine what a Punk firing will do.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Chicago will hijack anyway. If Punk can bail in 2014 and get chants for the next five years, imagine what a Punk firing will do.
Debating on going to Chicago for the Thanksgiving Eve show to see just how reactive that crowd will get.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Worth it. Either get a fun experience or chaos.

Best way for anyone to troll Punk, should that be an actual route, is find Quack and get the rights to the old CP Munk gimmick.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I just don't trust wrestling to not be petty. I'm sure they won't, or at most give Castor one line to drop since Acclaimed are the most over act in the company and could get away with it.

I'm curious how it gets addressed because like it or not they're going to have to sooner than later if the crowd forces them.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Debating on going to Chicago for the Thanksgiving Eve show to see just how reactive that crowd will get.
I'm very intrigued to see how the crowd reaction plays out. I don't think it'll be as negative as mid-late 2010s WWE just because there's a lot more people loyal to the AEW product than there were loyal to mid-late 2010s ("League of Nations should have been something dammit!") but it's going to be a very interesting, I'd guess almost soccer like atmosphere.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'd be less surprised by that than I would be if the crowd shits all over anything.

AEW crowds are pretty polite. Even if they're not into something, they usually don't respond hostilely. Have they ever shit on anything? It's interesting to see what happens when a product actually respects its audience. You don't end up with something like crowds having meltdowns over red leather and beach balls.

Valeyard

Reaction score
You got more faith than I do but I'm very cynical when it comes to fans that passionate. Once people cheered Vince for stepping down, anything is possible.

I'm very curious as well because unlike 2014, when he bailed (and based on the evidence presented at the time was justified however still unprofessional), it was seen as him leaving the evil corporation and McMaHHHons and shit. Now the dynamic is that he came out of retirement in Chicago, brought a bunch of people back to wrestling who had left in the last seven years, and now is ostensibly fired by the promotion that is supposed to be different. As deserving as Punk is to be in the position he's at now, and as crazy as he is, there's going to be a very vocal segment who will not accept the narrative of Punk being taken away by the EVPs.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
It would take a ton of money and a tv deal. But, if Punk does get a release that allows him anywhere but WWE there is your guy for a new promotion. I don't think he wants to end his career this way. And the narrative writes itself. Especially if your promotion is what I think a bunch of fans want. A more sport/reality based program with a modern feel. Mid-South meets MTV. Pick off some other Punk allies like FTR, Starks, Hobbs etc..

How many millions would that opening promo on your first show by Punk get?

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
There's a lot of things that are bad wrestling, but "unathletic guy struggling through a basic sequence on the 3rd day of training" is a pretty obvious one.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I wonder how a guy that bad even makes it on an AEW show. There is like dozens of guys in that locker room and you decide “This 45 year old in a kilt that just started training will work.”