Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in Fall 2022- Spreading lies and bullshit to the media.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Wait the fuck do you mean Jarrett and Colt? I'm still at work.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Ah man this all sounds like TSM booking. Dude is here.

Fall of Epic

Epic Reine
Reaction score
It would be kind of a giant FU to Punk if Cabana was Jericho's opponent on Wednesday.

tenor.gif

skullman80

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Last night was the first time I didn't enjoy Dynamite much at all. I almost turned it off before the end of the show. Nothing really worked for me. The Jarrett stuff was awful. No one cares about CAW Cole Carter. The Colt Cabana stuff was stupid even if it was a dig at Punk.

The Acclaimed celebration was fun. Moxley vs Moriarity was fine I guess, but it had no reason to happen. I hate eliminator matches in general though. Joe vs Cage as the main made no sense...this ROH stuff in general is just garbage honestly.

I dunno just was not a fan of much of anything last night.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Crazy stuff last night.....so JJ is leading a kinda sorta TNA faction invading the show? Not sure how that will fly, long term. Maybe that's not the plan, certainly felt like was suggested. The Cole Carter reveal was a big ole dud but it was obviously a swerve thing to be shocked when JJ showed up seconds later. But seeing JJ on TV weekly is going to be weird and maybe unproductive when tons of other talent are already struggling to find time themselves. I guess we will see what happens but I'm certainly not needing to see another Sting/JJ feud in 2022 in AEW either. It's like a fever dream type thing. But it was a legit surprise seeing him show up. I do like the idea of him working more in a backstage live event development capacity, with whatever he took from his run in WWE in that role. It sure wouldn't hurt if AEW started a small house show run, just do a show every Saturday and see how that goes?

I've said my thoughts and then some on Cabana already, I kinda figured this was going to happen to appease everyone in the locker room. Question will be if they put him back in the Dark Order or what. I still think he would be another guy, much like JJ, that you utilize backstage in some role primarily. Match was alright, a bit clunky for sure at spots, but the crowd was into it for sure.

The Shibata return was fucking incredible, out of the fucking blue, and I guess they are at least trying to get some buzz going (finally) for a Rampage episode and this would be the one to do for Friday since the World Series is going to delay SD plus SD is of course taped. Between him working a match in just two days (!) and the Tyson thing (which should have been pushed harder probably), they may get a decent number on Friday, possibly. So does this also mean we might get Danielson vs Shibata at Full Gear? I say give him the title on Friday to move to Danielson at Full Gear and then you can give Danielson the title from there to give that title a bit more prominace.

Then to also get that vignette of Black returning, fuck yeah to that. So much surprise stuff it felt like an overload for one episode.

The in-ring in alot of spots felt flat last night, all of that was a backdrop to everything else it felt like. Normally doesn't happen much on a Dynamite like this.

Fall of Epic

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Jarrett showing up is fine if short term. If this leads to Jarrett/Sting in 2022 then fuck all the way off.

Don't get why Cole Karter is featured. I'm not sure if they see potential in him or "hey, he was on NXT a month ago, remember??"

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
In addition to an onscreen role, Jeff Jarrett is also going to be AEW's director of business development ('00s smarks groan), which sounds like it's going to be similar to his role in WWE. He'll be working on expanding AEW's live event calendar.

Hopefully, Don West is in good enough health to run around selling merch at AEW house shows.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Last week's Rampage will likely be the first non-Dark/Dark Elevation AEW show I skipped since the company started. Sad.

Is Dama still a huge AEW fan? I wonder what he thinks of all the eliminator matches. I remember he hated when non-champs beat champs in WWE to get title shots.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I saw more than one review wondering who the middle aged Japanese guy was. Sorry CWM. Damn IWC!

(I guess it is kind of fitting karma for us piling on BBBD the other week for being in a wrestling fan bubble that we're in the bubble for marking out for Double J and SHIBATA)