Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in Fall 2022- Spreading lies and bullshit to the media.

Staff member
Reaction score
It's so fucked up that Miro and Claudio aren't getting TV time but those goofs are. Now I wonder if they're making the same money.

Claudio has been getting TV time other than the one time with QT Marshall. Miro is literally getting none.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It makes me surprised how shitty Corgan hasn't used his cache to get on MTV3 or some shit.
After Roseanne (and now Kanye), I don't think any somewhat notable cable network or streaming platform will want to showcase a product from someone who so consistently speaks out of their own ass.

I'm more surprised that Tyrus' popularity on awful Fox News shows hasn't gotten NWA a spot on Fox Nation.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Not enough. I mean I know that sounds fanboyish but he should be a guy you can build around. Whole point of signing him was to push him like WWE didn't and he's getting it worse now than he did.

The Miro shit makes no sense. It's baffling.

Valeyard

Reaction score
After Roseanne (and now Kanye), I don't think any somewhat notable cable network or streaming platform will want to showcase a product from someone who so consistently speaks out of their own ass.

I'm more surprised that Tyrus' popularity on awful Fox News shows hasn't gotten NWA a spot on Fox Nation.
It'd be a disaster but I'd be into the effort. I hate all involved, understand, but I can never turn down another alternative and a whole new roster of people getting time.

Impact should be on Paramount+ a year ago.

Fall of Epic

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Yeah, Corgan doesn't have the best rep in the music world Pumpkins aside. He's made a lot of rather "questionable" remarks over the years. Still, I would feel like he would have enough pull to get NWA on a better platform.

We talk about Tony Khan being so hands on with AEW but we forget just how dedicated Corgan is to revitalizing the NWA. I think that's pretty commendable to be honest for someone who has another wildly successful career.

Staff member
Reaction score
Basically if you're not in BCC or JAS and you're a male wrestler you probably aren't getting TV time. They're feuding with each other literally four months after a WarGames match.

Not enough. I mean I know that sounds fanboyish but he should be a guy you can build around. Whole point of signing him was to push him like WWE didn't and he's getting it worse now than he did.

He's been there 18 weeks and been wrestling on TV 11 times. He also has a match this Wednesday. A lot of the other time they gave him promo time. I'm gonna keep it real as always. I think his acquisition and them bringing in Regal might be part of the problem leading to them not featuring anyone else. The show completely revolves around Regal and his faction. There's barely any TV time for anything else. Like is the effect of them signing Regal completely positive? Obviously not IMO.

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm glad that bob barron isn't around to see this. :(
Well can you believe this feud has been going on since literally April? They get most of the TV time every week and people in the locker room are griping about not getting to work. There's a direct cause and effect here. If you see one thing taking up a shitload of the TV time and that people say there's no TV time for them, it's really pretty clear what the issue is. And then the issue is if you'd rather see those guys than the guys complaining about their time.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I just don't get it. He just doesn't feel like he's special, I guess. He should. So should Miro. Going from just a guy to just a guy rubs me the wrong way.

Regal I kind of agree with. He's awesome but he doesn't feel special, which he needs, but I love seeing him regardless. He just should be seen less and really does distract from the group.

Staff member
Reaction score
I just don't get it. He just doesn't feel like he's special, I guess. He should. So should Miro. Going from just a guy to just a guy rubs me the wrong way.

Regal I kind of agree with. He's awesome but he doesn't feel special, which he needs, but I love seeing him regardless. He just should be seen less and really does distract from the group.

They need to break up the group already IMO. It served its purpose. Have Claudio heel on Moxley after Mox loses the title at Full Gear. Elevate Claudio by putting him over, send Mox on his vacation. Otherwise Claudio is gonna be the third guy forever.

Valeyard

Reaction score
That's literally the only way they can go that makes sense. But it also means months of BCC vs Claudio in some form, which would be great but still suffer from the same problems. Frankly I'm not sure they'd strike while the iron was hot if Claudio turned and instead of a Mox series we get him putting Yuta over all the time, no offense to Yuta but he isn't Mox.

Staff member
Reaction score
That's literally the only way they can go that makes sense. But it also means months of BCC vs Claudio in some form, which would be great but still suffer from the same problems. Frankly I'm not sure they'd strike while the iron was hot if Claudio turned and instead of a Mox series we get him putting Yuta over all the time, no offense to Yuta but he isn't Mox.

I don't think they'd do that. They fed Dax to him when FTR were hot as shit. But that's where the star struck problem comes in because if Claudio says he wants to put Yuta over then Tony's gonna do whatever he says.

Valeyard

Reaction score
It just becomes exhausting seeing people WWE misused get hired under the notion of giving them a place to cut loose and be the stars they deserve only to have them wind up in similar spots or less. At least Ruby, bless her, was a reality check.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I don't think they'd do that. They fed Dax to him when FTR were hot as shit. But that's where the star struck problem comes in because if Claudio says he wants to put Yuta over then Tony's gonna do whatever he says.

The only substitute for a main event run with Mox (or Bryan, even) is Kingston, another guy who is so mishandled that I can't make sense of it. In a sense a fresh start with someone like that and getting over together could be a decent move, but he should be killing off BCC one by one at least. I don't want to think he's still too Swiss to grab the brass ring, pal.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score

This. If you're signing Miro, Claudio, Keith Lee it's to give them the main event push WWE would not. If you're not pushing them that hard, what the hell are you even signing them for? There are a hundred wrestlers on the indies who can fill the bottom of your card. If you're not giving big contracts to guys to be in the main event you're just pissing money away.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I realize there's concerns about his age and health but if you sign Sting and are willing to let him do New Jack bumps on guys, you should give him a direction as well. I know it's a super hot act, hottest homegrown one the company has ever had, but it feels weird knowing Billy Gunn is more over than ever and has more of a direction than Sting.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Im happier knowing Miro is doing CBS cop shows with the GOAT Jimmy Smits and not wasting his body trying to make Daniel Garcia

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I know a lot here are going to disagree with this. But, I don't particularly like Yuta or Garcia. They are both solid enough in the ring. But, outside of that neither do much of anything for me. And I feel like someone like Starks would've been much better getting that rub.

So, that might be another reason this hasn't been a good year for me and AEW.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I really like Yuta and Garcia but if they were in WWE, they'd be in NXT whereas Ricky Starks would be on the main roster. I'm all for the trial by fire mindset when it comes to pushing talent but maybe not when it comes at the expense of high-priced veteran talent in their primes.

Another thing is maybe AEW could actually try using their YouTube shows for stuff other than squash matches and goofy undercard comedy. If you make room for all of this talent on television then you have the space to do it somewhere else. Some airtime is better than none.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I like Yuta more than Garcia but I have zero problems with them around. They're stars in the next five years or less. They're pretty far from what the biggest problems I have are.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
As @909 said, there should be enough TV time for everyone worth giving weekly TV time to but they allot too much time to certain guys. I don't think it's a case of anyone being undeserving of a push (except maybe Jungle Boy) but some guys getting disproportionate amounts of TV time.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I don't hate them. I just don't see them as future stars. I see more in people like Starks and Hobbs. I just don't see much charisma or star power in Yuta or Garcia. They strike me as people who would probably be best served as the mechanic in a tag team who does a lot of the in ring work for their more charismatic partner. At least historically. And that can be a valuable role in a company, but I feel others would be better getting the rubs they're getting.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's ludicrous and way, way too early for anyone to write Daniel Garcia off as a potential future star. My man can't even legally rent a car yet. He needs a few more years of experience before anyone needs to send the jury out.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I think Garcia is great. I honestly think his promo work/acting work is better than any of the under-30's in the company outside of the obvious MJF outlier.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I would be more likely to agree with that if his issue was needing to work on something in the ring. Or needing to change his body a little. Or even learning to talk in a way that connects with the audience. But, my issue with him is I just don't see much charisma. Same with Yuta.

Not saying it's impossible to get. But, I just dont' see it with either of them. I feel like I'm watching Brad Armstrong out there.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
And it wouldn't even bother me if AEW was pushing them because they didn't have better options. But, if you gave Starks a push similar to either one of theirs he would be knocking it out of the park. That is what bothers me.