Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in Fall 2022- Spreading lies and bullshit to the media.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Punk wouldn't be crawling back he'd be coming in as the most talked about name in wrestling and he'd gigantically boost their business, but yes I can't see him wanting to go back there at all. If he does get fired maybe he'd work a big NJPW show before retiring but that'd be about it.

Staff member
Reaction score
Apparently Tony Khan did appoint a right hand man and it’s the other Tony.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Apparently Tony Khan did appoint a right hand man and it’s the other Tony.
From almost out of wrestling forever and an IWC punchline to one of the top ten (top five?) most powerful people in wrestling?
tony-schiavone-aew.gif

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If Punk is fired, AEW is going to bleed talent and you also set the precedent that it is 1000% okay to use people like Meltzer and others to trash who you don't like in the locker room.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Man, if these guys could just do business. Imagine Punk vs Hangman at Grand Slam. I think they beat the 1.4 of their debut show.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Everyone just needs to settle their tea kettle here. Remember out of the HBK Vs Bret drama, we got the Attitude Era. There's a lot of hungry talent in that locker room waiting to be fed.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
The reaction online (mainly reddit) is fascinating to me. I get the feeling a decent portion of it are fans who are upset over the transition AEW has made from what it was in 2019 to current day (and they're using this as a way to try and get rid of Punk). But, still, the reactions to a fist fight between athletes is crazy. Do these people not ever watch NFL games? Do they not see that virtually every year there is a fight between players on the same team during training camp? It's really not the end of the world (at least it shouldn't be).

This isn't some type of MeToo thing where someone was getting abused by someone else in a position of power. These are arguably the two most powerful groups in AEW without the last name of Khan (Elite and Punk). It was a fight that was quickly broken up, and someone ended up with a black eye. Use it going forward if everyone can work together, and make money. It shouldn't be the end of the road for anyone.

Fall of Epic

Epic Reine
Reaction score
AEW fans feel like the company should be free of the type of environment where physical backstage fights would take place ("That shit only happens in WWE!"). If you support a company with low self-esteem, alpha male wannabes who work to get jacked up and throw fake punches at each other, you got to expect some differences to be settled with violence. I think it's dumb mind you, as I previously said, but it's going to happen no matter what.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bubble

Staff member
Reaction score
The reaction online (mainly reddit) is fascinating to me. I get the feeling a decent portion of it are fans who are upset over the transition AEW has made from what it was in 2019 to current day (and they're using this as a way to try and get rid of Punk). But, still, the reactions to a fist fight between athletes is crazy. Do these people not ever watch NFL games? Do they not see that virtually every year there is a fight between players on the same team during training camp? It's really not the end of the world (at least it shouldn't be).

This isn't some type of MeToo thing where someone was getting abused by someone else in a position of power. These are arguably the two most powerful groups in AEW without the last name of Khan (Elite and Punk). It was a fight that was quickly broken up, and someone ended up with a black eye. Use it going forward if everyone can work together, and make money. It shouldn't be the end of the road for anyone.

Yeah. Find a rug sweep this under it.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I think they're printing the legend now, though. It can't keep getting more absurd. Like as much as I want Max and Jeremy Buck trying to kick a door in, I don't know if I can take that image seriously at this point in time.