Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in Fall 2022- Spreading lies and bullshit to the media.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't think there is anyone involved in the incident on Sunday who wasn't acting like a GD idiot to some extent. Tony Khan deserves a lot of the blame for creating an environment where workers thought that type of behavior was acceptable.

Honestly, if CD is in on this that is a really bad look with him being head of talent relations:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
"With the Elite when they entered" could mean he was trying to hold people back and was forced into a position with no winners. I don't know what the real case is but Daniels does not seem like someone who would get involved directly with shit like this. Maybe Kaz is referring to him though.

Tony Khan just has to suck it up and admit that just because he is a fan of these people doesn't mean they're his friends. That's his issue and always has been.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Christopher Daniels is one of Matt & Nick's mentors and good friends. I could imagine Punk's trash talk getting fired up.

Like someone else said though, even if he got involved incidentally, it's a very bad look as head of talent relations.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Holy fucking shit, this thread has reached eight pages since Monday? Well, I guess my evening plans have been made...

Staff member
Reaction score
Punk is gonna have to drop the title again. Apparently he is very badly injured.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Absolutely. Plus he came across as a VERY weak owner when he couldnt even say something to Punk like, "hey this isnt the time" or even, just simply stopping the presser briefly and having a short talk with Punk about all this, or flat out telling Punk he needs to not be involved in it if he can't stop going off. Punk, to me, came off REALLY full of himself and a bitter and self absorbed attitude. Khan's reactions or lack there-of to Punk going off was way concerning, it felt like either he didn't REALLY address this stuff with Punk before, or if he did, Punk was just being completely 110 percent not giving a fuck about the previous reprimand and just once again went into business for himself despite Khan's demand not to. Anyway you slice it, its not really good at all.

Is it going into business for yourself when your boss is sitting next to you nodding and agreeing wiht you and saying you are right about several things though?

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Is it going into business for yourself when your boss is sitting next to you nodding and agreeing wiht you and saying you are right about several things though?
That's the issue at hand really. If you have a boss that is enabling that sort of thing....it's a problem that we are seeing how it's going....shits getting all kinda crazy.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Even if Tony Khan does agree with it and/or Punk is right, it's not the type of dirty laundry that needs to be aired in public unless Punk has tried to get it through to him a bunch in private and Tony hasn't listened.

So basically I don't know if there is an explanation of this past Sunday that will make Tony Khan look good.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
A triceps tear is a 6 month injury, so there goes the hot angle aspect even if Punk stays.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
I will forever land back at that. Punk has reason to get pissed if he gets suspended/fired for stuff he said in front of his boss without correction. The anti-Punk faction has reason to be pissed because Tony is sitting there tacitly endorsing his comments. Tony can keep suspending people while the real problem stares back at him in the mirror.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
All things being said, I wonder if they could do all over it again knowing what they now if AEW would still bring CM Punk in.

Then again if they don't bring in Punk, who is to say Bryan Danielson or Samoa Joe or any number of guys make the jump.

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok so Punk is gonna be out an extremely long time no matter what. This kinda changes everything.

Fall of Epic

Epic Reine
Reaction score
So if he isn't fired - does this end the CM Punk experiment? He's the company's biggest draw but he's pretty fragile physically at this stage of his career and has been a catalyst for some backstage drama so I feel like it would be a blow to the locker room to push him as a top guy again anytime soon.

Staff member
Reaction score
So if he isn't fired - does this end the CM Punk experiment? He's the company's biggest draw but he's pretty fragile physically at this stage of his career and has been a catalyst for some backstage drama so I feel like it would be a blow to the locker room to push him as a top guy again anytime soon.
Ends them making him a champ. You can’t give the belt to someone that gets hurt every time they win it.

Fall of Epic

Epic Reine
Reaction score
So...do they just flip it back to Mox? I would say Bryan but I'm worried about his well-being as well. Mox is safe but might be stale as a top guy. Maybe throw a wild card like Starks and Hobbs?

Staff member
Reaction score
Btw not to be captain obvious but now if 20 people are telling you to fire Punk and he’s out for eight months then it’s a good idea to do what they say. So yeah this changed everything.

Fall of Epic

Epic Reine
Reaction score
With so many key players out, this is the time to build the next generation. Push Hobbs, Starks, Perry, Martin, Swerve etc.

Damnit, give Julia Hart some shine!