Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in Fall 2022- Spreading lies and bullshit to the media.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I completely forgot about MJF. I think making him the top guy would be a good move. I don't think he'd cause shit since he'd be on top.
MJF's such a great worker that I still don't know how much of the stories about him being an IRL egomaniacal brat are true. Especially considering a number of people (including our own @HSJ) have talked about how he's actually secretly a sweetheart and just really committed to his character.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
BTW - while the circumstances aren't great, I love how these last 3 days has sparked so much wrestling discussion here,
If you love this thread, check out the new WOW thread!
200.gif

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
yeah, sure they do a lot of tournaments but how many of them are big ass tournaments?

Speaking of which...what if Billy Gunn became AEW World Champ?
Sure until the powdered pussies get upset at him for not being friends with Michael Knockitthefuckoff and Mr Ass has to cut a angry diatribe with Mr Happy nodding along and we are all back where we started.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Btw not to be captain obvious but now if 20 people are telling you to fire Punk and he’s out for eight months then it’s a good idea to do what they say. So yeah this changed everything.
I don't think they need to do this at all. this gives them 8 months of breathing room to let things cool down between everyone and not have to make a choice. They can keep Punk and Steel gone that entire time and see if they can find a way to do business when Punk is healthy. If not then they can part ways.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
So now a report came out a bit ago that apparently Thunder Rosa, after that mess of a match with Marina Shafir that saw Marina and others publicly call out Rosa for unprofessionalism.......Rosa apparently asked for her release and it was not granted. Knowing that kinda puts things into context a bit on the issues surrounding her.

Now it makes me wonder if Khan just throws out the injury excuse when a talent isnt happy and needs to go home for awhile. Now it's got me wondering just how injured Punk was back in May too in this aspect, or was he just fucking massively heated about the Page stuff, Bucks stuff, etc?

It just seems so weird these injuries that aren't really obvious at the time "occur" when there are some chaotic things going on with the talents in question.

And TK better fucking not pull the interim card again on crowning a new champ out of this.

Also, given that Punk is once again apparently out for months with another injury, this could be the opportune time to shift him to ROH potentially while he sits and/or upon coming back. I still think moving him there would be a really valuable asset to have in trying to create some interest in the ROH brand to potential networks and companies wanting to get that brand rolling. It might really be the only way to get anyone to agree to a deal to do a weekly ROH show on their network, by having one of the few only proven draws in the company aboard exclusively for the ROH brand, at least until things really cool down, which will take a long time it feels like.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If Mr Ass won the title a certain way I think the crowd would blow their load tbh. Sign of a hot product and why some of these people whining saying "AEW will collapse" etc need to shut the fuck up
People in the IWC are pedantic sons of bitches. You take Punk and The Elite guys off the table and you still have Bryan Danielson, Jon Moxley, Jericho, MJF, Samoa Joe, Claudio, Eddie Kingston, and Christian Cage available. Not to mention any number of unproven mid card guys who might be able to knock it out with a main event push.

Staff member
Reaction score
People in the IWC are pedantic sons of bitches. You take Punk and The Elite guys off the table and you still have Bryan Danielson, Jon Moxley, Jericho, MJF, Samoa Joe, Claudio, Eddie Kingston, and Christian Cage available. Not to mention any number of unproven mid card guys who might be able to knock it out with a main event push.

Yeah people are trippin. It's like they think everyone wants to go to WWE....nah bro there's a reason there's so many guys who signed long deals elsewhere. There are limited TV spots available in these two companies where someone can get pushed and not be doing jobs all the time.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think now would be a great time to go left field. Something wilding like a Max Caster main event push. Screw it. Why not?

Has this been the wildest year a US promotion has had since--- 2010 TNA? '07 WWE? At least no one's murdered their family and they haven't made Great Khali champ or featured Trump. Yet...

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Also, with Punk getting hurt on the Tope Suicida, can this be the end of almost everyone using it? You know who does it well...Darby. That's it. Everyone else's looks like shit. From Punk to Danielson to JungleBoy to Moxley. They all barely touch the opponent with their fingertips in a way that it doesn't look like the impact would crack an egg. Death to the Tope!!!

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Well, in the last talent meeting Omega told the roster that 80% of them would have never worked for him if he was in charge.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
This sounds like total bullshit. I'm more team punk than ever after reading this from SRS (never talked to the Bucks outside of an interview my ass):

• Sources close to The Elite say The Bucks went to Punk to talk "just like he told them to."
  • The Bucks did not barge in but opened the door and before Matt Jackson could say anything Punk started throwing punches at Matt's head.
  • Nick went to stop it but Ace Steele threw the chair at Nick.
  • Kenny went to pick up and remove Larry from the situation because he was freaking out and after Kenny passed him over and got Larry out, Ace attacked and bit him.
  • All parties kept shouting and Punk threatened legal action against them
  • SRS stresses this is only one side of the story and he's heard different from Punk's side.