Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in Fall 2022- Spreading lies and bullshit to the media.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
The people who really do think mark is like the n-word.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My thing on the whole "sides" issue is are they against Punk just because of the media scrum or is it other issues?
My best guess is they thought CM Punk was being unprofessional for airing out their dirty laundry in public (although us CM Punk defenders would say The Elite started it first) and in a dispute between the homegrown talent and the outside talent brought in, I think the locker room sides with the Day 1 guys 99 times out of 100.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Someone has to have some art of Hangman, the Bucks, and Omega as the Rugrats and Punk as Angelica.

Staff member
Reaction score
My thing on the whole "sides" issue is are they against Punk just because of the media scrum or is it other issues?

How are you on the side of a group that (allegedly) was leaking things to Meltzer and others, had their boy publicly start shit in a live promo, annnnnnnnnnd have a nepotistic history from their early Indy days, all the while being "Executive Vice Presidents" of a company?
They also drove Cody out of the company depending on who you believe, they have beef with FTR, and they storm someone's locker room 3 on 1 and he's not supposed to defend himself? I don't think anyone will get fired for the reasons I already said but this is ridiculous.

Also supposedly at the talent meeting the other week Omega gave a speech in which he was alleged to have said that some of the guys can't lace his boots and are complaining too much.

Valeyard

Reaction score
The only thing I can think of that would in some way make things less tense is sliently turn Dynamite and Rampage into respective shows for Punk and the Elite. They'd only need to work together for big shows and ideally can avoid one another on a talent level. Besides making a show pretty much built around a trios title isn't the worst thing.

Otherwise, I dunno. Can't not address it, and I don't think either side will be able to help it.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
If Discovery isn't happy then Punk is done. It's the one thing that would trump any level of star power. From SRS:

• He received a text at 05:00, followed up by a phone call at 05:30, that suggested that Discovery wasn't happy about the situation. He originally wasn't going to talk about it, but since people keep shit-talking his journalistic skills (my words, not his), he decided to. He prefaced it as "incredibly, remarkably unconfirmed", but Punk may have received an email saying that he was expected to be fired or that led him to expect to be fired, with a meeting scheduled for 13:00. He emphasised that this was not confirmed.

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So it's unprofessional to air out dirty laundry in public, but wholly professional and business-like to do so via bits/shorts on a YouTube show, to take digs at talent in on-air promos, and keep stoking the fires that the person you have been trying to hire since the inception of the company is an unprofessional jerk that politicked his ex-friend down the card? Gotcha.

Being with or siding with "Day 1" guys should only go so far when you're seeing the types of ratings/gates that are getting pulled in, thus giving you more money, from the guy that people are all pointing to and saying "he's a cancer." Lost in all of the Elite drama are the guys like Hobbs, FTR, (I believe) Starks, and others that have said Punk is a great dude and is readily available to give feedback on things if you're looking for insight on how to be better. So what, we're supposed to believe those guys, especially FTR, are outliers and possibly liars?

I've seen rumors that Steel's to be fired because of everything, which like, yeah, I get that there needs to be someone admonished in all of this, but if the reports of the Elite rushing into Punk's dressing room and potentially putting Ace's wife in danger are true, I'd 100% kick someone's ass (or bite them).

At what point do people stop being thankful of Kenny, Matt, and Nick for having a job and start understanding that in order to keep said job, and to stay relevant, shit has to change?

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Look. Eddie Kingston got two weeks suspension for pie facing Sammy Guevara. In theory, some heads are gonna roll if the stories about black eyes, shoot chair shots, and biting (and potentially accidentally hurting Larry!) are true. If no one gets punished, it's definitely a double standard and is going to alienate most of the locker room.

Staff member
Reaction score
If Discovery isn't happy then Punk is done. It's the one thing that would trump any level of star power. From SRS:

• He received a text at 05:00, followed up by a phone call at 05:30, that suggested that Discovery wasn't happy about the situation. He originally wasn't going to talk about it, but since people keep shit-talking his journalistic skills (my words, not his), he decided to. He prefaced it as "incredibly, remarkably unconfirmed", but Punk may have received an email saying that he was expected to be fired or that led him to expect to be fired, with a meeting scheduled for 13:00. He emphasised that this was not confirmed.
um if anything they would be asking Tony not to do anything that would make the ratings go down

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't blame Discovery for being unhappy about this but they should be unhappy with the entire company not one person or even one side.
If I'm Discovery, I'm telling Tony Khan to get a strong #2 that he can delegate some leadership responsibilities to or else. Chris Jericho pep speeches alone aren't going to cut it.

The Thread Killer

Get off my damn lawn
Reaction score
Just how trustworthy is The Arcadian Vanguard news team? Is Tony Khan revealing locker room news while discussing Big 10 football with John McAdam?
Brian Last is an arrogant jackass. But he owns Arcadian Vanguard, which owns the newly relaunched Wrestling News…which was a major newsletter back in the day. He has guys like Mike Sempervive and Brian Solomon running The Wrestling News. Those guys are legit. I believe Solomon is actually a real, trained journalist and published author.

If they are reporting something, I would be just as inclined to believe it as I would if it was reported by Meltzer, Keller or Mike Johnson. Actually, maybe even more so because Meltzer is personal friends with Kenny and The Bucks.

Gary

If You're Into It, I'm Out of It
Reaction score
Eric Bischoff is Dr. Lipschitz.
0ZXHmSi.gif

Then who's this guy at the moment?

Fall of Epic

Epic Reine
Reaction score
If Punk is done with AEW then I can't see him going back to WWE. I think he has too much pride and is too stubborn to come crawling back there. Maybe if they decide to indict him into the HOF in the next 10 years. I think he's done with wrestling all together.