Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Chips: Your favorite brand/flavor ever?

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
Bah, got bait and switched with em, it's not the old school Monterey Jack ones, they changed em to Pepper Jack.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
FUCK PEPPER JACK

THE PEOPLE WANT SOME JUKING AND JIVING DANCING AND PRANCING STYLING AND PROFILING WHOOOOOOOOO BY GAWD MONTERREY JACK WOOOOOOOO

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
burger-king-onion-rings-copy.jpg

I used to love these when I bought them out of the snack machine at the factory, but I've haven't seen them in years. Found these, though, and they're an acceptable replacement:

TGI-Fridays-Onion-Rings-e1334600002612.jpg

Angle-plex

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I destroyed a big bag of nacho cheese Doritos in one night last week.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Humpty Dumpty Sour Cream and Clam chips are back after a 3-4 months hiatus. I nearly let out a yelp when I saw them in the chip section at the corner store!

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Fatty Fat Kamala double chippy chip post.

My friend brought some weird chips over to our Rumble party.

BabyBack.jpg

These were surprisingly tasty.

Sloppy-01.png

These were as about as bad as they sound. But then again, I don't hold Sloppy Joes in the pantheon of great bad food like some people.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Man, those Baby Back Ribs chips aren't very good. They start out alright, but by the time you get to the powerdery crumbs at the bottom of the bag the sweetness is pretty overpowering.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
tekcop said:
Man, those Baby Back Ribs chips aren't very good. They start out alright, but by the time you get to the powerdery crumbs at the bottom of the bag the sweetness is pretty overpowering.

I imagine the taste becomes monotonous when you go through a whole bag of chips in one sitting.

But tbh is there any other way to eat chips/cookies???

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I was referring to the little individual sized bags.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
026-2.jpg

Maybe my favorite chips in the world. Haven't been able to find them in months. They were hiding at the Dollar General just down the road, though!

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tekcop was right about the Baby Back Ribs chips. Definitely the kind of chip that tastes good when you have 3 or 4 but if you have like a bowl of them, they get disgustingly sweet after a while. I ended up tossing them with a third of the bag or so left.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
MinICrisp_JalaOnion_dt.jpg

soooooooo good. Make sure you can handle a bit of random spice though. You'll eat a few and be like 'hmm, there's a bit of kick' before running into one that's riddled with jalapeno bits and that shit will light your mouth on fire.

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
tekcop said:
026-2.jpg

Maybe my favorite chips in the world. Haven't been able to find them in months. They were hiding at the Dollar General just down the road, though!

Where is it that you live? Golden Flake is the official chip of the ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE so I can't imagine not seeing them all over everywhere.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Tennessee. As a rule, the trashier looking the grocery or convenience store, the more likely I am to find them.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Pretty much the only way I can imagine chicken and waffles not being awesome.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
So I take it that is part of some chip flavour contest? Way to make a terrible suggestion, Christina Abu-Judom.

Edit:
LaysFlavorFinalists.jpg

Lays_11_620x350.jpg

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Sriracha!

This still doesn't beat China's "Cola Chicken"

121312lays.jpeg

or Thailand's "Hot Chili Squid"

lays-hot-chili-squid-bag-front.jpg

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
DrVenkman said:
So I take it that is part of some chip flavour contest? Way to make a terrible suggestion, Christina Abu-Judom.

They're doing the same thing up here right now. Martin Short is in the commercials because he'll do anything these days.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Bought all three today.

The Sriracha is blander than I would have hoped. I had high expectation going in since I eat Sriracha nearly everyday and I've always loved hot sauce flavored chips.

The Chicken & Waffles are weird. I don't really like them. There's that odd maple-y flavor that's in Waffle Crisp cereal followed by, like, the taste of rosemary and thyme and other various spices you tend to put on chicken. There's not as awful as they could be, but I'll never get them again.

Garlic Cheesy Bread taste pretty much like garlic cheesy bread. I'm not sure if I'd eat them regularly, but they were easily the best of the bunch. I kind of want to try dipping them in marinara sauce now.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
At the hood gas station last night/this morning, they had all of the contest flavors and the girl behind the counter kept saying "These chips are terrible." to whoever bought the chicken and waffle chips. And since it was 12:15 in the "hood" of Portland, it was p. much everybody in line in front of me.

I would have bought the sriracha sine I haven't had those (even though the reviews I've heard are generally mediocre) but I stopped off at Burger King and didn't want to get too fat.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I couldn't find any of those contest chips to save my life. Finally, I saw the Sriracha kind at a Kroger's, but I didn't bother because the other two flavors weren't there.

CanadianGuitarist

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Sriracha were just....okay. I'd anticipated a little better.

tumblr_mdk7tamDYz1rwe4xuo1_400.jpg

I buy these fairly often. I inevitably eat a few handfuls too quickly and get sour on them. I was hoping the Sriracha would be a nice middle ground, but....meh.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cheesy Garlic Bread won the Lay's contest, which is excellent because that's the only kind I didn't get to try.

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I want to put the Cheesy Garlic Bread ones on top of spaghetti or something, just crush them up and throw 'em on. I still have an unopened bag of Chicken and Waffle. I didn't mind them, really.

Never got around to eating the Sriracha ones.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Sriracha ones were my favorite but I never met anybody else who liked them. They were definitely the flavor that tasted the least like their namesake. I didn't get a Sriracha vibe at all. It tasted sort of like a spicy cheddar chip or something. I enjoyed it but I can see why it wasn't very popular.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Sriracha chip was decent, but perhaps a victim of high expectations. Yeah, stuff's great on noodles and hot dogs but on its own?