Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

MMA General Discussion 2020

Staff member
Reaction score
These last two fights are exhibit b in terms of thinking these fights are fixed. Dude maybe they are. A lot of the talk about losing sanctioning and shit like that happens? Not good pal

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
oh it was just a general comment.

ankalaev saying he might not fight for the ufc again lmao even after joe tries to convince him to cool down, he just doesn't give a fuck

i can't get over the 30k parlay getting ruined.

call me a homer but I think AJ might get tapped by this guy later but it's more likely that he would knock his head off RIP

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
These last two fights are exhibit b in terms of thinking these fights are fixed. Dude maybe they are. A lot of the talk about losing sanctioning and shit like that happens? Not good pal
I was thinking that exact same thing after the Paddy fight, thinking about it now in regards to this fight, i don't see how a draw would benefit the org.

But if they do a final four thing then i would have to agree with you. Mix up the matchups to make it interesting, Jan vs Jiri and Glover vs Ankalaev

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Dana just announced Glover v. Jamahal Hill for the LHW title in January. A strange night gets stranger…

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jamahal Hill goes from an Anthony Smith Fight Night card to a title shot. What a world

I guess they are doing the old KOTR rules where a draw eliminates both guys from contention...

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
I forgot to say, my first instinct after the paddy decision was that it was like a worse version of O’Malley/Yan, in every way, down to people talking about this guy being the next Conor. That example only strengthens your fight fixing comments, and I’m thinking about how that fight was in a place where the UFC hires their own judges iirc

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Strickland has pretty much killed his hype and career by this point. 909 was right, the way he fights in the cage is way too defensive and it was bound to get exposed sooner or later.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Well… Fedor lasted longer than I expected.

Kinda hoped Fedor would come in, blast Bader, and wildly fail the post fight drug test. Kinda the best case scenario.

Last edited:

Staff member
Reaction score
On the playground literally everyone would say that Volk won. That's fact. By any other standard than this scoring system, Volk won

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Volk is the man, he always fights hard for your money, but the fact he put on such a great performance going up in weight won’t affect him at all. Feel like he may be able to call his shots for super fights that he wants in the future.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Big fight tomorrow. Jones is the heavy favourite in the eyes of bettors. I would normally find that crazy but with all of Gane’s excuses pre-fight, maybe they’re right.

But I just feel like the layoff, first time at this weight, hasn’t looked good in his last couple of fights against guys much worse than Gane, who has been active in the weight class they are fighting in. I don’t know. If Gane didn’t have the excuses, I’d feel comfortable picking him. I think people are seriously underselling his skills and athleticism, because most feel comfortable picking Jon even without knowing about the excuses.

Undercard looks good too.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah I think if we're watching a fight in Round 4 and 5 that we kind of hope just ends I wouldn't be surprised. I think Jones is smart enough in the cage to figure out if Gane is too dangerous on his feet in the first 90 seconds that he'll just make it an ugly fight.

Gane is tough for me to figure out, I was very disappointed in his performance against Francis. The finish of Tuivasa was fine, but he should beat a caliber fighter of Tai every time.

I agree about the whole card, I think Rakhmanov-Neal (although I don't love that Neal missed weight), and Gamrot-Turner are going to be really intriguing fights and ones that really should be put on PPVs with the biggest names.

Last edited: