Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

MMA General Discussion 2020

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Big fight tomorrow. Jones is the heavy favourite in the eyes of bettors. I would normally find that crazy but with all of Gane’s excuses pre-fight, maybe they’re right.

But I just feel like the layoff, first time at this weight, hasn’t looked good in his last couple of fights against guys much worse than Gane, who has been active in the weight class they are fighting in. I don’t know. If Gane didn’t have the excuses, I’d feel comfortable picking him. I think people are seriously underselling his skills and athleticism, because most feel comfortable picking Jon even without knowing about the excuses.

Undercard looks good too.
Welp. Haven’t been this wrong in a while and it’s especially bad because I almost always pick Jon to win. Ah well, onto the next one.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score

I bet on Leon the first time, based on the odds the numbers say to do it again.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
I did not think when that fight started that, twenty minutes later, I would be annoyed at Holly Holm. And yet, here we are. I don't know why I expected something different from "The Preacher's Daughter" but, anyway...

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Holm has gotten so many main, and co-main event fights over that one knockout. I never look forward to watching her fight, or hearing her talk.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I literally thought they were doing something new when they were announcing the scores because surely NO ONE would have scored that fight for Chito!

And I agree with both you guys about HH.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Man that had real Rampage-Wanderlei vibes from UFC 92. I also kind of hope that Periera does move up to LHW.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I decided to throw on the prelims while I do some work around the house and it’s always fun to hear the announcers (DC and Bisping) ready to flip a table over due to the judges decision of the first fight. Hell of a robbery.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I decided to throw on the prelims while I do some work around the house and it’s always fun to hear the announcers (DC and Bisping) ready to flip a table over due to the judges decision of the first fight. Hell of a robbery.

I'm excited you posted this. I'm actually excited to watch a lot of the fights on both the prelims and main card, but my sister is in town so I'm going to watch it later. I'll make sure I start on the first fight!

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
And now we get a double retirement fight. First time I could think of that ever happening.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I like Curtis a lot, but I’m really glad Pavlovich won. I think he creates a lot more problems for Jones or Stipe than Blaydes could’ve.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
I saw that, future Baroni case imo. Sad to see, he was always a bit crazy and he just took insane amounts of punishment and refuses to quit.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Well, I'll say this for Angela Hill, I never see her get stopped. I never see her win, either, but I never see her get stopped.

So, did she finally drop that bullshit accent? Who succeeded in talking her out of that nonsense?